Flu

RisiM
RisiM Posts: 180 Member
can you get carb flu more than once? Think this is week 5

Replies

• camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Yup. I think I have been off and on it for the past 2 years ;) Just add more fat and sodium till you feel better-- see the other thread today on the subject.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    I've wondered the same thing. Sometimes I get such a woozy feeling and I've been at it for a month. Nice to know it continues for 2 years.... :(
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    I was told when I started that there are various conversion danger zones. Typically those are:

Day 2
    Day 7
    Day 21 or 28 (depending on conversion rates for YOUR body)

Then pretty much every two to four weeks your body essentially acts kind of like how a baby's does - you can hold your head up first. Then push yourself up. Then roll over. Then sit, kind of wobbly. Then sit stable. Etc. Etc. until you end up walking and all.

Your body has different phases and adjustments. At all of these junctures, where you feel off, sick, headachy, or "flu" ish, go back to how you treated it in the beginning - with sodium and other electrolytes and fat loading, easing back on any calorie restrictions. This will allow for maximum efficiency in adapting! :)
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    I've had a few times where I feel 'off' but it's been ages now since I've had an episode, and they were lighter and further apart each time.
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Thanks for posting. I started to have keto flu symptoms again. I'm about 6 weeks in. I think its because I lower my carb to 7%. The scale has started to move again too. I'm taking an Epsom salt bath right now. It helps with my magnesium intake.