Time to reevaluate and do course correction

cherylmellan
cherylmellan Posts: 35 Member
I did not weigh in this week and Lois has used her cattle prod once again to get me to promise I'd do it today. (Lois, it gets worse and worse every day. If it weren't for Kelly, I'm sure I'd be sitting here crying.) I DID weigh in on Monday.........I just didn't post it. I've weighed daily since then, and it keeps getting worse!!

Starting weight 166.8
Last weight 154.8
Today's weight 157.8
Gain: + 3 POUNDS???
Total loss so far: 9 pounds (I was just over 12 at my best place)
Goal weight: 153 (boat weight - 4.8 more to go!)

I don't even know what to say. Is it even POSSIBLE to gain weight this quickly even if you're trying.......especially when averaging close to 13,000 steps daily (thank God for Fitbit so you know that is a truthful number.)

My last weigh in was 154.8. Sunday I was 156.2 (blamed it on the holiday, depression and salt)
Monday 155.4 (reasoned that out with a better eating day, and less salt)
Tuesday 156.2 (what the hell)
Wednesday -no weigh
Today - 157.8

Lois had gotten me back on track with exercise. I THOUGHT I'd been eating "better" the past two days, but the truth is there is still stress in the house and I can honestly say I've had a few pick sessions. PICK - not "pig out." I am not logging food.

Lois saved me by getting me back on track with exercise - and last night she made me promise to photograph for her and LOG EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth. Today Lois, that feels like a life line and I WILL do it. I feel totally out of control and in a downward spiral. I don't THINK I'm eating at an especially big time level, but I know I'm depressed (I HATE Dale's family and I know it's only going to get worse when his father dies.) I don't exclude the thought that I don't really KNOW how much I'm eating......BUT THREE FULL POUNDS?? That's 10,500 calories over what would normally be "allowed" plus the calories I've burned exercising. It's just not possible, is it?

Lois, you know I'm putting in the exercise time. I PROMISE I am going to log my food today, and show you everything. God willing, this will be the key to turning it around.

Remember when I was losing every so slowing but REGULARY and counting the weeks - and my goal was EASILY within reach? Well, now it's not. Now I have 4.8 pounds to lose, and it's official - the boats are scheduled to hit the water 5/2 (and that damned scale will come out WITHIN DAYS of that day.) 4.8 pounds. In 4 weeks. And in those four weeks I have that regatta this weekend, a 4 day camping trip with friends (who just happen to belong to my COOKING CLUB) the next weekend and the following weekend is my Dragon Retreat - 3 days in the woods with the Dragons.

It is panic time. I'm scared.

After reading posts as I worked up the guts to post this, I think we might all benefit from a "readjustment". Maybe today, we can all commit to a new focus.