3 Day Quick Fix

Options
dawnkwiatek
dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
Ok, So I will be setting up my meal plan for next week and I will be ending the week with the 3DQF. I think I have a few questions :)

How do you cook the steele-cut oatmeal? and how many egg whites is a red?

Any other tips to help me prepare for this?

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    dkwi04 Yes. Steel cut oatmeal takes longer to cook than typical oatmeal so I would typically start the oatmeal and then make my egg whites, eat them, and finish off with the oatmeal. There are ways to do overnight oatmeal as well but I didn't have any problems with my method so I never tried it myself.

Make as much as you can ahead of time. I had my husband grill up some chicken breasts for me and I went ahead and steamed some sweet potatoes. Then, when I needed chicken breasts and/or sweet potatoes, I could just toss them into the steamer together. I used my steamer to pretty much heat everything but breakfast throughout the day.

The red container equals 8 egg whites. I bought liquid egg whites. I also added spices and herbs, depending on my mood, to make them more palatable.

I also just went ahead and cooked the ground turkey and would add spices when I reheated it. Also, you can buy some stir fry type vegetable and toss them together with the chicken (or ground turkey, I suppose, although I didn't do that) and add a little ginger and such for an Asian variation if you get very bored.

You'll be eating 6 meals so be prepared to be eating about every 2 hours. I'd have breakfast at 8. Then sometime around 9:30/10:00 I'd start the second meal, etc. I went through the 3 days like that finishing up at 6ish.

I'll be finishing off this round of 21 Day Fix with the 3 Day Quick Fix. I didn't start it off this time around only because I'll be doing 21DF back-to-back from now until June 28th. I figure I can't begin and end each 21 days with the 3DQF because I'd then be doing six days of very restricted eating. (You will not be eating even 1200 calories so don't be surprised about that. But it's only 3 days and it's surprisingly easy to do when you're eating every 2 friggin' hours!)

By the time you are in day two, you'll be aching from some fresh fruit and veggies. Trust me. Just something, anything, crunchy.

You can do it! Can't wait to hear about your results.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @SatiaRenee totally agree on everything you said! I felt like I was cooking and eating constantly the first day - definitely better to prep all the stuff ahead of time, especially since you have to eat every 2 hours. Never thought I would NOT want to eat, ever, but that last meal was tough. Just wanted to crunch on a salad!! But I was very happy with the results!!!

I found some quick-cooking steel cut oatmeal from Quaker Oats, took about 5 minutes and tasted pretty good with cinnamon and stevia.

Good luck @dkwi04 , if I can do it anyone can!!!

• dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I like that you say they have quick cooking steel cut oats. I will get those. So 8 egg whites or liquid eggs....is it a red container of liquid egg whites before you cook or after?

I will most likely prep all the containers the night before my 3DQF, or at least every night for the next day. I will be bring 4-5 of those meals with me to work one day. My co-workers will think I am crazy!

Do you have to cook the veggies? I wonder if I did grilled chicken and like....raw peppers to get me some crunchy stuff in there.

I like the thought of seasoning each thing a little different, great tip!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 Before you cook. Easy. :smile:

The 3DQF is pretty specific about everything being steamed veggies. However, and please don't tell anyone, I just couldn't resist and one day I put some raw red bell peppers on my plate because I really really really wanted that crunch. But that was the second time I did the 3DQF. The first time, I managed to get through with just the urge. If you feel like you simply must have a raw veggie, maybe make it a reward on day 3, when you're close to the finish line. That way, you may be able to say, "I'm this close. What's one more day?" Then again, you may say, "I have been so good and I deserve this." But I always feel it's easier/safer to bend the rules when I see the end in sight than too early out of the gate. Too early sets me up for "just one more time" thinking and I do try to avoid that even as I am rebelling every step of the way. LOL!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    You are right, I didn't realize it specifies the steamed part.

Can I alternate my protein? I don't like fish, so I was thinking chicken and turkey...but what about lean pork? Or should I just alternate the chicken and turkey? I wonder if there is a reason that the turkey is the last meal of the day. I imagine I would get sick and tired of eating just the same grilled chicken and steamed veggies 4 times in a row ( I suppose I can alternate the veggy)
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 I specifically asked my beachbody coach this same question and she said yes, absolutely, if you do not like fish, by all means just alternate chicken and turkey and chicken and turkey and chicken. :smiley:
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I just did a quick calorie check on a day of the 3DQF - I have to go weigh now much a portion of grilled chicken is...but it seems as if I will be consuming more calories then I am in a normal day.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 Really? I was coming in at under 1000 calories while doing 3DQF. Maybe I was miscalculating my foods.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I have to double check it again, but It will be at least what my calorie intake is now I think. I will make sure to weight my food exactly so I have a good idea. I will keep you posted, my 3DQF starts a week from today (Can you say I like to be prepared? LOL)
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 If you saw how I "plan" our trips, you would know I am completely sympatico.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Ok, so I have to defrost my proteins for the 3 day quick fix tonight. I would like to prep it all tomorrow night (to have it ready to go for Friday). I wonder how much I should cook up - anyone have an idea? I am going to do chicken breast and extra lean ground turkey breast.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 I know the ground turkey lasted me all three days and I cooked 1 lb of it but I only had it once a day. I would say assume 3-4 ozs per meal. If you follow the 3DQF menu exactly, you'd need 1.5 lbs chicken breasts and 1 lb ground turkey.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    SatiaRenee wrote: »
    @dkwi04 I know the ground turkey lasted me all three days and I cooked 1 lb of it but I only had it once a day. I would say assume 3-4 ozs per meal. If you follow the 3DQF menu exactly, you'd need 1.5 lbs chicken breasts and 1 lb ground turkey.

Sounds like a plan. I think I have a 20oz thing if turkey so I'll just re freeze whatever is keft
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    This might sound stupid, what is the difference between a sweet potato and yam? I just noticed that the 3DQF says YAMS! I have sweet potato
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I always thought so too, but the food list has them both listed separately. So confusing!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    feiwm8nn9dfy.jpg
    All prepped for the 3 day quick fix. I weighed everything and it's 1,996 calories. Not too much lower then what I'm normally eating. I would say my average is 1,300.

So I'm curious how this will work. I'm nervous!!
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Very impressive prep!!!!!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I'll be starting the 3DQF next week. Then do my official "end of the 21 days" weigh-in and measurements the morning after, also known as Day 1 Round 3. I'm probably going to start abbreviating that. Today I'm on D12R2. :smile:
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Almost don't with day one. It's not horrible but I'm not enjoying it either.