cpanus
cpanus Posts: 19,444 Member
June 9th -- June 15th

Stretch or Yoga, 30 minutes on June 14th

Rest on June 15th

Second Challenge
(Start June 10th)
Punches with exaggerated twist to warm up 45 seconds:
Lunges: Do 12 lunges on each leg, repeat X 1 (add weights, a bar or dumbbells are fine)
Planks: Do each of the following for 50 seconds
Side Plank, Center Plank, Side Plank, then 13 sit-ups (do bicycles if more is needed for sit-ups)
Repeat the Planks and Sit-ups one more time
Rows & Curls, do 1 set of 10 for each exercise, repeat X 1
Arnold Presses, do two sets of 10, rest 30 seconds between sets
Flys & Kickbacks, do 1 set of 10 for each exercise, repeat X 1

Mason (Russian) Twists For 50 seconds, feet should remain off the ground during the entire time
Lunges 12 lunges on each leg, repeat, (add weights, a weighted bar or dumbbells are fine)
Do each of the following for 50 seconds, SIDE PLANK, CENTER PLANK, SIDE PLANK
Bicycles for 30 seconds REPEAT
Bent Over Rows & Seated concentration curls. Do 1 set of 10 reps for each exercise, repeat X 1
Arnold Presses, do two sets of 10, rest 30 seconds between sets
Flys (use dumbbells) & Simmons Presses. Simmons Presses are like skull crushers. Only using hand weights, palms facing inwards and go down to your ears. Do 1 set of 10 reps for each exercise, repeat X 1

First Challenge
(Start June 9th)
65 Jumping Jacks
50 Squats
15 Burpees
20 Pushups
50 Mtn. Climbers

Repeat One Time

Alternate these two Challenges for five days. On day six do either a 30 minute stretch or 20-30 minutes of yoga.
Then "Rest" on day 7. Walking is OK for day 7. But all bodies need a day of rest to adequately prepare for the next week.

Replies

• cpanus
    Options
    Did our 15 burpee challenge today...everything was working great! Then I did a bunch of other challenges then I did Slim in 6. It was a total of 105 mins working out. I walked this morning with Bean for two miles, dropped him off at home and continued on for another two miles. I hit a four miles an hour 20 minutes into my walk and maintained that for the hour! That made me so much happier than I was yesterday. It was a beautiful morning. It didn't get as hot today as it was yesterday. Thank goodness!

Shelley, Have you worked out to the DVD Insanity? There's a lot of talk on MFP about it. Just wondering. It sounds like it's too rough on the knees for me. I was going to finish Slim in 6 and then go back to JM's Body Revolution.

Hope you are enjoying your vacation...We're on vacation this week. We aren't going anywhere...we have Bean for the week while our daughter is out of town!! ~:-P <-- this is me being happy we have Bean!! ...and not being at work! bwahahahah!

TTYS

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,899 Member
    Options
    I am back at work. :( Glad you have the week off. I actually love staying around the house, playing in the gardens, walking the boys and relaxing. :) So you enjoy the week. I have done some Insanity. It is tough on the knees. I will do our workout tonight. I have been lazy. But I really stayed motivated reading your posts. :) Great walks. We did alot of that on vacation also. I just never timed any. :P I know I will not be doing as much weight tonight for my workout. My back and knees are a little sore from all the time spent in the garden beds pulling weeds and moving plants. That and I have not done it in two weeks. :) I am actually a little surprised that I got even a little sore working in the beds. But I did spend almost an entire day on them Saturday. :)

Don't work out to hard on your vacation. I only walked and still had fun. Unless you count all the gardening I was doing. I potted up quite a few plants also. :)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    So glad you're back! Sounds like you had the perfect vacation and a beautiful garden. Today was a little different in that the school Bean and I go to was full of children this morning...go figure, it is Monday! So I decided to put our walk off until 5:00. I got all my challenges done. I did our new one with 5 pounders and then a bunch of other stuff...130 minutes all together. My So walked with us at 5:30, so it wasn't my normal walk. 1.6 miles in an hour...but Bean had a ball! It was on the chilly side if you can believe that after the blistering weekend we just had! Tomorrow Bean and I might just start out first thing in the morning and head for the new housing project down the street to see how far they've gotten.

Hope you had an easy Monday at work.

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    New housing projects, perfect walking area. :) good job on the 5 pounders. :)

I am sore and I didn't even use my old weights. LOL At work now, going to do the 15 burpee challenge tonight.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Well I got our 15 burpee challenge DONE. I attempted to do Spiderman pushups. Now that was funny. I did two of them. So will have to keep trying them. :) Also did 30 of the squats with the jump up. While we were at the ocean I took alot of scenery pictures. We had three of them blown up 20" by 30". We are using one of them above our saltwater tank to remind us where we were. I also purchased a gorgeous, handmade scenery to go with it. It has three marine fish, and coral fans. Perfect together. It is made in the United States, big plus. It is copper, with glass sprinkled on top of each piece. Then fired in the kiln. I have a number of "metal" types like this. No comparison. So I went online and ordered a single fish, going the opposite direction to complete the group. Love it.

Enjoy your days off. :)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Your art work sounds beautiful! I bet you can't wait for the new piece to arrive. Very cool!

I don't know what a Spiderman pushup is, but I don't think I can do it!! Good job on those and the squat jumps! I was just my normal self...back to girl pushups for a bit. I'll try regular pushups next week and maybe my 8's. That muscle freaked me out. I did a bunch of other challenges and Slim in 6, which hurts my fanny!! Bean and I walked this morning, but he really didn't seem interested. We did 2 miles then I dropped him off with my SO. Don't know if I waited too long or he just wanted to be here with my SO. We went over to the school this evening...it was perfect. It could be that he's really missing my daughter. They will be back late Thursday evening, so Bean will go home Friday morning.

Well, that's about it for now. Hope your Tuesday was good and that your Wednesday goes by swiftly and painlessly!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    So how is that arm muscle doing now? I did not get a tracking number for the other piece. Driving me nuts. :p. But we did get the pictures and picked one out. Might change them up now and then. Poor Bean, separation can be tough. :( I know Cooper really missed his mommy when she passed away, so did Whiskers, her kitty. I think the kitty still does at times.

The Spiderman pushups is where you move one leg as you go down. You pick up the foot, angle the knee towards your torso, and try to bring the knee in as much as possible. You do not go really low in this push up. I am going to keep trying to do it.

I was so busy last night, and my legs were sore from those squat jumps I decided on just a walk. So tonight I may just do a little of both our challenges. Bean will be so excited Friday morning. :)
  • cpanus
    Options
    The muscle on the right is just fine...now ask me about the same muscle on the left and what I did three days ago. OMG! If ever I get to go two whole weeks getting to do all my workouts without some dumb muscle screaming at me, I'd probably dance a happy dance then sprain an ankle... ugh! I'm back to squats and lower body exercises!! I'm okay, I'll be fine...I guess you could say I'm learning all this stuff about exercising that I never knew before, because the only thing I've ever done is walk.

I was working on our burpee challenge but the JJ's bothered me, so I did the squats and went on to other lower body exercises. I was able to do about 3/4 of Slim in 6. I messed up on those pushups Monday. She said to place your hands on the outside of the mat at your shoulders...nopey, nope...I shouldn't have done that. And I knew it when I did it. Oh, well. I'll be okay in a while.

I got in just about two miles with Bean this morning. I'll take him over to the school later this evening for some play. He's really missing the kids...so am I. I'll see them tomorrow morning when they come for Bean.

I had a work meeting yesterday (right in the middle of the day) so ended up using it as my REST DAY. Today, I had real hard time talking myself into any exercise at all. This, too, will pass...right?

Sorry, this ended up a very whinny post. I'll do better tomorrow!

I hope your day was terrific, and I hope your picture comes soon.

TTYS
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I have wholly day's where I have to talk myself into them also. I kind of think you are doing a bit to much most days. You can burn out. If you are doing pushups in your slim in six video you can skip ours. You should try letting a muscle group rest a day before engaging it again. But honestly you are doing so awesome. :) Just let the muscles rest a bit and you should notice less injuries.

Bean is going to be doing the happy, tail wagging, dance in the morning. I would hug you if I could, you inspire me to keep going.

Shelley

And yes, the pain does go away as one gets stronger. Then we challenge ourselves even more, and the pain is back! Lol
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, I think what I'm going to do is just our challenges and Slim in 6, but I really don't like that it's almost an hour long. I committed to it, and I'll finish the six weeks...four to go after today. It's going to end up like our challenge did with only two or three of us left.

The kids are home and coming to get the pup. I'll be walking by myself today and then I'll exercise to the best of my ability. It's a beautiful morning, I hope it doesn't get too hot.

TTYS
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    But just the two of us works. We can change it to fit us. :) We can always change a day up and do something different if we want. We could put in any DVD on the Stretch yoga day just to spice it up. :) Almost time to go home and work out. :) I bet Bean was jumping for joy. :) We are building a fence on top of a wall to hopefully keep our doggie from running every time it Thunders. I will be busy. :) Funny how when we commit to something we understand the meaning of commitment. :P

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    I really love that we hung in there and that we motivate each other. I love changing things up and that you help me when I don't know what I'm doing!

Bean was a happy pup! I was a happy Mom! I got the coolest hoody from Disney World...all silver and sparkles! Now I need shoes to go with it! Man! Just when I thought I had them all!! bwahahahaah!

I got in 4 miles in 57 minutes, now it's time for our challenge and Slim in 6. Then I'm going to Target!!

I was wondering if you've ever looked at this web site... http://scoobysworkshop.com ...and what you think about it. He has some pretty straight forward things to say.

I think building a fence counts as exercise!! A lot of exercise!! Have fun!

TTYL
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I will take a peek. Your sweatshirt sounds wonderous. I have a couple dozen pairs of shoelaces that I switch up for that odd top or whatever. :p. Yes we surely motivate each other. And I love helping us both. I only got a walk in with the boys tonight. Plus picked up pinecones, dog toys and that other stuff. :) Large corner lot. :) Oh, and went to Target, LOL, same store, so hubby could get golf balls. Two tees fell in the cart off a clearance rack. So in style now. :) We are actually making the fence ourselves. Rocky welds. So while he golfs until about 9:00 tomorrow I will walk the boys and get things ready. Then we will go buy the steel we need. Measure, design, cut and weld. Then prep for painting. Then we still have to go buy sod, repair our friends yard as part of our deal for her taking care of the kitty. Hopefully we will get most of one wall done. I noticed I will still have to pour some concrete to make some more of the cap stones. The other side of the yard will have to start from the ground up. All the cinder blocks are crumbling, and need replaced. I will have to make as many top blocks as I can quickly. I only have one mold of each size though! So did not see this coming. Lol. Oh well, it will be a workout of sorts. I think I will at least get in half of our workout in before walking the boys.

Wish I could have seen the reunion. Hugs all around. :) four miles in just under an hour! That is quick! Way to burn up the pavement. :)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    I'm impressed with all the work you have to do on your fence and that you make your own bricks! Wow! I can't imagine. As it is, I'm pretty disgusted with the gardeners and am thinking about taking over the flowers and plants around the fence in the back and up the front walkway. I have to look into drought resistant plants and wood chips and where the drip lines go. SO doesn't have any problem with how it looks, but I can't stand the weeds popping up everywhere...and the snails! ugh!

If you got in half of our workout today, I am totally proud of you because I only got in a 4 mile walk...I did it in 60 minutes, but that was all I did. Because I didn't get to Target yesterday, I got cleaned up and went this afternoon. Then suddenly it was 8:30 and I was done for today!! Tomorrow might be the same. I'm walking with Sara and Bean in the morning and the kids will be coming over for Father's Day around 2:00. We'll just have to see what I get done. Plus it's my last day of vacation. I would get really fat again if I was off for too long.

Well, I'm done for now. Tomorrow is a new day!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I am so behind. I had a reply all typed up and it somehow was deleted! Argh. Now hubby wants to take off.