Introductions

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 11 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Game Day"=Done!
  • Lt_Happy
    Lt_Happy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Robert from Mississippi. I am a 25 year old firefighter who has experienced weight gain from the infamous firefighters diet. Not too happy with my gut. So I joined MFP and started doing a round of insanity with my wife. We completed the fit test last night. I am not looking forward to the next two months but I am looking forward to the results! Feel free to add me on MFP of you are interested in helping me to keep motivated.
  • shoppingandsquats
    shoppingandsquats Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Gloria and I'm from the UK. I'm 20 years old (21 in under 2 months!).

I'm currently doing a year long work placement as part of my undergraduate degree. The 9-5 sitting-at-a-desk life has resulted in me putting on over a stone (14lb/7kg). Well that, and the fact that I have an incredible sweet tooth and there is always plenty of cake and biscuits and other sweet treats in my office!

I started developing IBS symptoms at the beginning of the year because of my poor diet. I would binge eat on the worst things! When a lot of my trousers became too tight to zip or button up and I was looking almost pregnant in some photos due to the bloat, I decided enough was enough and I've cleaned up my diet (well, it's more like 80% clean 20% cheat) and started Insanity. I am on Day 18.

The bloat has more or less gone, and so have my IBS symptoms! I haven't weighed myself yet because I'm trying to rely less on the scale, but today I wore trousers that did not fit me in March! So I must be doing something right :smile:

Anyway I'm really enjoying the program and it'll be so nice to hear how everyone else gets along too. We can all motivate each other :smiley:
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 12 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Back to Core"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 13 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Strength"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 14 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Relief"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 15 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Speed & Agility"=Done!
  • EnglishCanadian
    EnglishCanadian Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    So impressive - day 1 starts for me today - I guess that means Fit Test time - wish me luck, will log tomorrow!

• bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm Lori - I live in eastern Iowa. My weight has yo-yo'd for the last 20 years...since by 2nd child. Two years ago I lost 35 lbs - gained all but 8 of it back. Last summer lost 20 - gained 25 over the winter. I'll start work outs and then usually putter out after 2 or 3 weeks. I've lost 11 lbs the last couple months but need to see better results. I've had the Insanity dvd's for 2 years and have been too scared to start them. I decided it was time to push myself so I finally started Insanity yesterday. It's tough and I have a LONG way to go but I like it. Hoping for the motivation to see it through and also hoping for great results.
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lori! What week are you on now? how are you finding the workouts?
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    I forgot to post in here this morning. I was tempted to go back to bed after...
    today was tough. allergies. :s pushed through, but I felt like I had a heavy, wet, hot, itchy blanket wrapped around my head. I know I'm in the minority here, but...I'm ready for the snow to come back. I'm not allergic to that. :(
    "Day: 16 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Vertical Plyo"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    So impressive - day 1 starts for me today - I guess that means Fit Test time - wish me luck, will log tomorrow!
    good luck! :)
    no excuses for me. felt like hell this morning due to allergies. pushed through anyway. turns out...you DO need oxygen to survive. go figure. :p

• gam3rguy
    Options
    allergies don't feel as bad today. HOWEVER...I slept like crap last night. maybe got three (broken) hours TOPS.

"Day: 17 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Strength"=Done! was tough pushing through, even after an energy drink (Arnold's Iron Pump), but got it done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 18 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Relief"=Done!
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lori! What week are you on now? how are you finding the workouts?

I am only on Round 1 Day 4 but already, from Day 1, I find I can do more and am surprised that the soreness is working itself out already too. I huff and puff and have to take breaks (and sweat on my) but I like it.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 19 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Game Day & Overtime"=Done! there are a couple moves in "overtime" I think I would suck at even if I wasn't tired. D'OH!
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Day 6 complete - Cardio Circuit.

59 days until beach vacation!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 20 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Vertical Plyo"=Done!
  • Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I am Tino from the UK (24). Like most of you here, I've struggled with my weight in the last 4-5 years. I used to be a size 6-8 but since 2011, I've been between the 180s and 200's. It's depressing as I look way older than I actually am and it frustrates me when people say things like, wow, you've changed. It's your weight!!! Anyway, I'm thinking of starting Insanity today, I did the fit test 3 weeks ago and then just stopped but this time I am very determined to go through and finish it. My current weight is 217 so hoping to drop about 20lbs and change my shape in the course of the 8 weeks. Feel free to add me for support.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 22 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM REST"=Done!