BadAtitude
BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
What weights are you using?

Replies

• goldencoley
    goldencoley Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have 3lbs, 5lbs, and 8lbs.

I alternated between the 3's and 5's last week and will probably do the same for this week, but I am hoping to progress up to my 8's soon!

Anyone else? What have you been using?
  • BadAtitude
    Options
    I don't have any 5 lbs only 3 and 8, so I used 3 lbs for most moves but found them to light but when I switched to the 8's I couldn't do as many moves (except for workout 2 where most of the lifts are with heavier weights). I think I need to buy 5lbs but wanted to know what everyone else used on average....was I just a wimp with the 8 lbs and needed to keep using them :tongue:
  • goldencoley
    Options
    I used my 5s and 8s today and yesterday also... definitely harder, so I wouldn't call you a wimp at all!! The 3's are fairly easy for most of the workout, but I am trying to gradually progress so I can make it through the entire 90 days! I do want to work up to some 10 pounders at some point... but for now, I am still feeling like I am pushing it enough using the 5s & 8s... and the soreness definitely is keeping me positive!

If you can, I think 5's are a great go to weight and always good to have around :)
  • BadAtitude
    Options
    I think you are right, so I went out to Walmart today at lunch and bought some 5 lb weights. I have 10 lbs at home as well but I'm not ready for those. Have you noticed that your arms are sore but not your shoulders? I feel the pain (tightness) on my biceps and triceps when I reach after my work out.
  • goldencoley
    Options
    NICE! yea, my arms feel tight too but shoulders and back have been feeling it a little also... my legs have been feeling it more than anything else! But I think I may have to retire the 3 pounders this week to bump it up a bit.

I may try that for the next set of workouts too... 3s and 5s the first week and then 5s and 8s the next week. That way I will be continually progressing my muscles. What do you think about that? Wanna give it a try with me?!
  • BadAtitude
    Options
    Yep, count me in! :laugh: