How important is being active with MFP friends & forums to your fitness?

Options
13»

Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    You are so right, being accountable makes you think hard about your food choices.
  • frogs777
    frogs777 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just wonder if this group is so good due to the ages of the members.
    We are no longer kids trying to compete with each other. I have been on this site since March this year (2015) but never joined any groups due to reading some of the nasty comments made on some of the other forums. It wasn't until 1st June (when I decided to actually go for it and try and lose the excess weight I have carried for more years than I care to remember) that I decided to try a find a group that I may well actually fit into. (And I think I have finally found one - this one lol). It is going well due to the few friend requests sent. I am normally a shy person until I get to know you. I do 'like' others posts and if I can comment on a post with something positive then I will. I have found it really helpful having others comment on my posts - and the fact that I can post when having 'bad' days and get given ideas on how to combat them helps immensely. Hopefully I will collect a few more friends as I continue with my weight loss journey :blush:
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Frogs777 - so glad you are enjoying our group. We are certainly trying to create a safe haven from some of the general forum nastiness. I look forward to your growing level of participation.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I think because we are, ahem, seasoned veterans of life and weight we don't suffer fools or BS gladly. We 'speak' thoughtfully and without being judgmental. I think that is mainly it.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Very true, Nikki and Bill. It is nice to be able to ask a question and not get some snarky remark that makes out like you are stupid. We all have perspectives that are valid. Just because we find different ways to an end, doesn't mean one way or the other is better. We all must find our own path.
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This group is great! I am so glad to be a part of it :smiley:
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I think so. Certainly being here is like being poked with a stick.