Need help for losing fast weight

Options
LoLoGB
LoLoGB Posts: 97 Member
So I'm feeling frustrated. I know change is a process and will take time and I am okay with that for the most part when talking about long term health and fitness. I know I'm getting stronger but I really need to loose all this fat around my belly and the back rolls for this beach wedding in 5 weeks.

Should I start doing 30 min of cardio the 4 days I'm not weight lifting? If so should it be 3.5mph walking or leisure bike riding or something more hardcore like HIIT on the treadmill or recumbent bike?

I really need to zap 10 lbs fast and have these rolls gone. After that I am all for the remaining inches and other 10 lbs to be a slow and steady.

Any suggestions? You can view my diary too if that helps. I eat 1300-1500 a day and only burn 80-100 calories lifting. I'm at a loss...scale and inched haven't budged in nearly 2 weeks :(

Replies

• Jamieliftsweights
    Jamieliftsweights Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My best advice is don't sweat the small stuff. I learned this the hard way trying to prepare for an event and not only did I NOT lose weight I GAINED weight. Just keep doing what your doing, though maybe upping your calories might help if you haven't moved weight/measurements in a couple weeks (or have been following the same routine for awhile), but again totally up to you. I wouldn't add in an excessive amount of cardio either...I found that the 1-2 mile walk I take my dog on daily is enough. Maybe making your workout more of a "circuit" instead of a straight strength session might help too.

Here is an example of what my routine looks like (NOTE: I use my fitbit zip to keep track of my steps and calorie burn and log that number in my exercise log):

Monday's -

Warm-up - dynamic plus a few minutes walking (no more than 5 minutes total)

Barbell Squats 5x5
    Bench Press 5x5

Step ups 3x10
    Lateral Lunges 3x10 (each leg)

(The next 3 exercises are done as a super set 3x)
    Kettle bell Swings - 10
    Burpees - 10
    Rowing machine - 500 meters

Core -

Sit ups on ball 2x10
    IYTWO (this one is easy peasey. Lie on your belly on a mat with your arms and legs slightly elevated. Use your arms to form the letters - the O being your hands joined behind your back. Hold each letter for 5-10 seconds.) 2 times usually

Stretch

Each day I work out I change up each exercise to keep things interesting. Each person is different though too.

This probably wasn't what you were looking for advice wise but in my experience keeping it simple has been so much easier than trying to make a bunch of dramatic changes. I would also like to add that I did send you a friend request.

• LoLoGB
    Options
    @Jamieliftsweights Thank you so much for the suggestions and your routine. I know I shouldn't stress about it - so trying not too. Regular clothes I look good in but being in a bikini in front of everyone I know so soon
  • LoLoGB
    Options
    I hate when half my post doesn't show. I have no idea why it does that!! I'm not retyping it lol but I did add you as a friend
  • CassieBergquist
    Options
    Go low carb to get the first 10 lbs off!! I ate things like cottage cheese & fruit for breakfast, open faced or lettuce wrapped sandwiches for lunch & grilled chicken & veggies for dinner, almonds for snack & the pounds melted off!! I just walked daily. I was losing to fit into a wedding dress so it was so nice getting my dress taken in more each time I went for a dress fitting :) I had tons of energy too but I can only stay low carb so long. Hope that helps a little!!
  • LoLoGB
    Options
    Thanks @CassieBergquist !! :#