Questions?

Options
NofatdaddyMike
NofatdaddyMike Posts: 574 Member
Post your questions regarding the M400 and the group will try to answer them.

Replies

• Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hi there....I just stumbled across this group. I just picked up an M400 this weekend and love it. I finally ditched my Microsoft Band because it just wasn't accurate enough. Too bad for Microsoft, they are just losing all my business. First Android replaced my Windows Phone, then a Samsung Galaxy Tab replaced my Surface 2, and now the M400 replaced the Band. Good for me, bad for MS.

Seems a quiet group, but I'm not complaining :)
  • NofatdaddyMike
    Options
    Hi there! Definetly a good for you.
    This group is very quiet. Not like the Fitbit folks that are always rowdy! Thanks for coming by. I have only had my M400 for two months, and I really like it also. Now, I just have to get serious again about getting active and staying that way.
  • lfronczek
    lfronczek Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Is the M400 compatible with MFP yet?? I can seem to find any info about it. Its driving me crazy!
  • NofatdaddyMike
    Options
    The app does link nicely when it works. I think it is on the MFP end but not sure. Lately MFP is not updating when syncing up and it takes a couple of tries. The number of steps is not working either when I have that enabled. I am also not getting credit for any normal activity outside of a sports mode like I used to. The other day I had 120% activity PLUS an hour elliptical. Only counted the elliptical and NOT the normal activity. That is kind of frustrating.
  • bevan111
    bevan111 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi
    new to this group
    Have just go the watch for about a month,
    anyone knows the best way to track calories for treadmill runs. I don't have a stride sensor.
    Thanks!
  • markblakemore
    markblakemore Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    New to the group also and I had the same question as bevan111 above. I've had my watch for a week so still tying to get to grips with it all.

In addition I've tried downloading the app for the iPad but can't seem to find one in the App Store. Going from the link from this MFP site goes nowhere too. Odd as I can download one for my iPhone. Does anyone know what is going on? Polar support very quiet on this issue?

Cheers
  • NofatdaddyMike
    Options
    Hey Guys! For anything treadmill wise without a stride sensor, I just set up a sport profile for treadmill and use the HRM to help get an accurate calorie burn. You won't get the distance obviously, but at least you can get your workout registered.
    Not sure about an app for the i-Pad, but I do find it strange that there is not one when you can get one for the phone. Send them a message through the Facebook page. They are pretty good at getting back pretty quickly. I just sent something a week ago, and got a response yesterday. Little longer than normal, but they did state that there has been an increase in support incidents.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I wish they would release the Android app for MFP/Polar Flow to sync. It's been too long.
  • markblakemore
    markblakemore Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Has anyone experienced problems when syncing from the watch to the I-pad? It's really dodgy and I would say only works around a third of the time. Many times I've had to unpair the link, repair - even then sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just got the M400 and I'm wondering if I need to change any of the settings in MFP. I've got my steps and workouts logging successfully. Any advise is greatly appreciated! Thus far am loving the device!
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Really no need to change anything in MFP unless you wish to enable negative calorie adjustments in your diary settings.
  • JohnZastrow
    JohnZastrow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So... is my Polar M400 able to connect to MFP anymore? I don't see the MFP service available anymore online. I'm on Android but that shouldn't matter.