Update

Options
annieboomboom
annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
I started January 15th. Two weeks ago, I stepped on the scale and had lost only 5 lbs. It was devastating as anyone who is experiencing these results rather than the 40 lbs in 3 month results, understands. It was tempting to stop.

With the help of this site I decided my loss is simply unique, as is everyones. Impossible that our bodies would all respond the same.

The documentation, and encouragement kept me hanging on.
Then there was the article in the NYT . Like LC came out of the closet.
I bravely added more fat, nipped the protein a bit and found I was eating only about 1200 cals . which felt fine. I have ditched the wine food group as well except occasionally on weekends.

Just as I started the program, I bought an expensive pair of Citizens for Humanity Jeans. Size 12. I could get them on but not button them up.
This morning, I could. I got the very top button fastened.
I immediately thought that CFH had mislead the consumer about sizing because it was impossible for me to be a size 12. I still am skeptical. Funny what we do to ourselves.

I haven't weighed. I probably will tomorrow but I look different; leaner . Just ever so slightly.

And so, for all of you who aren't dropping weight quickly my advice is simply, don't give up, stay honest and true to yourself. Cheating should not be an option because it means you haven't fully committed and maybe need to dig a little deeper about why.

Also, try to buy your meat from animals that have been treated humanely. Cost a bit more but worth knowing. Also better quality.

Replies

• Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Yup! Sizing is confusing, especially when it's mixed in the images of ourselves in our brains.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I am so right where you are this morning Annie! The scale can be a real pain and it's frustrating to not see the scale consistently go down. But the inches are and really that matters more than weight. Great job on getting into those jeans!
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic Annie, congratulations! I still haven't dared try any of my smaller clothes because I've only been measuring my waist and stomach/belly circumference and there has hardly been any change on them. However, hubby and I can both see the difference almost everywhere else on my body. I'm thrilled for you that you can tell there's a difference now!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    IMO, size is a better indication than weight anyway. So many different things can change weight from day to day, especially if you only weigh once a week or so. It may be that's the day you're retaining massive amounts of water, so you spend the whole week thinking you lost nothing or a half pound, but reality is you've lost 5, and had something salty the day before you weighed. As long as the trend is down and your clothes are fitting better (or too big to fit at all), it's working.
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is weird, I'm losing from my forearms, can feel more bone. Bra fits better too - no pillows bursting out.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Congrats Annie.... You have learned the single hardest weight loss lesson... Patience and Never, ever, ever, ever give up.
  • kbxiii
    kbxiii Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Inspiring Annie..
    Patience patience patience..

I shrink above the waist and see my ribcage before I drop a size below the waist lol I get to an awkward 2 size difference between tops and bottoms..
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yay for you, Annie! You're right; never give up!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Congratulation not only on losing inches but also on not giving up, it's the hardest thing to stick to a plan. Once you start believing in yourself and see the result that will be another push to the right direction! Keep on, you're doing great!!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options

kbxiii wrote: »

I shrink above the waist and see my ribcage before I drop a size below the waist lol I get to an awkward 2 size difference between tops and bottoms..

I hear you. My waist has always been 1-2 sizes smaller than my hips and bust. This means that getting pants or jeans to fit around my butt results in the waistband being miles too big. If I use a belt it just bunches up and is uncomfortable.

With the help of this site I decided my loss is simply unique, as is everyones. Impossible that our bodies would all respond the same.

:) This is what the entire world needs to recognise across all facets of life. Everyone is different. One size does not fit all. Yayyyyyy for the fitting jeans. :smiley:
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    You guys are the best ! I love this supportive group ! :)
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    IMO, size is a better indication than weight anyway.

Size, clothing, and the mirror. They're all more important than the scale or bodyfat %, because *even when* you hit your goal numbers, whether you are satisfied or not is still going to come down to size, clothing, and the mirror.

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    What if you thought you looked good when you started the diet? :)
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »

Then I would ask the question... Why are you here?
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »

Then I would ask the question... Why are you here?

Originally to tame my metabolic syndrome, but I stay because of the fart jokes and recipes. :)

OK, the weight loss is a nice fringe benefit. I'm starting to dream of becoming one of the shirtless wonders.