How often do you weigh?

Options
13»

Replies

• donsbetterhlf
    donsbetterhlf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I generally weigh twice to three times a week. But, I "officaly" weigh on Monday's. The other one -two times is just to get an ida of how I'm doing during the week.
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I think I will try limit it it to weekly. Its only been since Friday that I had my OMG moment on the scale. I've been tempted to go back on it since, hoping some was bloat, but haven't yet. Was thinking Monday is a good weigh in day. It will help me stay motivated on the weekends.
  • nzotwana35
    nzotwana35 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think Monday is a good day to weigh, cos it keeps you away from naughty foods during the weekend. I weigh daily, but record my weight on mondays
  • Brandi92116
    Brandi92116 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Aztec4Life wrote: »
    I recently asked this exact question in the Weight Loss Surgery group I'm in. I only weigh when I go to the doctor's office (I don't own a scale or have a gym membership yet). Many of the folks in the other group weigh daily.

If you're going to weigh daily, be aware that your weight will flucuate for MANY REASONS (water retention, hormones, stress, sleep, day of the week, etc) It's best to keep a running 7 day average and then you can get a more accurate picture of where you're at. :-)

I don't have a scale either. I just pop on at my Dr office every 2 - 3 weeks and she lets me borrow her scale. I focus on overall health: counting calories, improving nutrition, and increasing exercise. Que sera sera.
  • traveling12015
    traveling12015 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Sundays & Wednesdays. I participate in Dietbets so those are my days there too most of the time. In the past I would avoid weighing myself for fear of the number. I find weighing this often keeps me accountable. I've learned not to get upset over fluctuations. The scale is my accountability partner and so far it is working :wink:
  • Jad31te
    Jad31te Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week :smile:
  • ProudVetMom
    ProudVetMom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily as an accountability thing. If I miss a day or two though I dont sweat it. I am in the move program through the VA and they weight me every Tuesday. That is the only recorded number.
  • earningmybeer
    earningmybeer Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day as well and am fully aware that my weight will fluctuate up and down, and that it's the long-term trend that matters most. I usually look at my weight loss trend from a two- or three-month perspective to get a better picture of where I'm at and where I'm headed.

Here's a typical three-month view for me (LOTS of ups and downs):
    IMG_9095.PNG