New Weekly Check in 6/10 - 6/17

Options
124»

Replies

• adradecki
    adradecki Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Awsome job. You have been doing great.

I have a bad ankle. I have tried Insanity in the past but only made it 2 weeks because of all the jumping. My ankle got agitated from a prior injury. Is there a Team Beachbody workout you recommend that does not have a lot of jumping in it like Insanity. I can still jump but just not to the intensity of Insanity.

I am in okay shape but not the greatest. Does Turbo Fire or ChaLEAN Extreme have a lot of jumping in it?

Thank you! I would recommend Chalean Extreme if you're looking for less jumping! I didn't hurt it with either of the programs - I just happened to go to the gym to run and all of sudden it came on. I tried doing TurboFire the next day and the lateral movements (the roundhouses in particular) were so painful, so I switched gears! I ran today and it feels all better! Yay for some rest!
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    June 10th. Power 90 I have been excited all day. I weighed myself today and I lost another 3 pounds. I have lost 20 pounds in a little over 3 weeks. This is so awesome. Thank you Coach Ryan, Power 90, and this group that helps support and motivate me. You all are awesome. I love reading all the posts and seeing how you all are doing. God bless you all. :)
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Tai Cheng is my first workout. I just wrapped up week 6 today.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Day something, cardio something: I keep gasp getting gasp better at gasp it but "hit the floor" was challenging on the quads to say the very least. Couldn't keep up there and did about 50-75% of globe jumps. Did last set of 8 hop squats into 8 push-ups - sat out 1st 2 then did 2nd 2 sets at full speed.
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    6/14
    Day 12 Cardio Power and Resistance
    I got home from work and had a migraine and major heartburn. I took an hour power nap and woke up feeling pretty good. I pushed play and crushed it today. I did much better than I expected. I kept up with them 90% of the time. Quads even felt good today. I must be getting stronger or the power nap helped out or maybe a combination of both. I just drank my recovery drink and now I am wired. I may go for a quick jog.

Keep up the great work everyone. Almost through week 2 for those who started Insanity the same time as me. Great work to everyone else too. Keep it up.
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    So I don't check on often, but thought I would share some progress that I noticed today. I've been doing p90x for over a year now and love it. When I first started I couldn't do even one single pull-up, I needed chair assist just to get my head above the bar. After about 2.5 rounds of p90x I did my first pull-up without the chair. Now I am doing about my 5th round or so and today I did 68 pull-ups in my workout! I never thought that was possible for me, I never had upper body strength but now I do. So keep up with your workouts; what seems impossible now is possible with time, effort and hard work!
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    6/14
    I got home from work and had a migraine and major heartburn. I took an hour power nap and woke up feeling pretty good. I pushed play and crushed it today. I did much better than I expected. I kept up with them 90% of the time. Quads even felt good today. I must be getting stronger or the power nap helped out or maybe a combination of both. I just drank my recovery drink and now I am wired. I may go for a quick jog.

Keep up the great work everyone. Almost through week 2 for those who started Insanity the same time as me. Great work to everyone else too. Keep it up.

Awesome. I had o push myself to push play today too, though I was in nowhere near as bad shape. Don't know how you did it. Amazing dedication.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    So I don't check on often, but thought I would share some progress that I noticed today. I've been doing p90x for over a year now and love it. When I first started I couldn't do even one single pull-up, I needed chair assist just to get my head above the bar. After about 2.5 rounds of p90x I did my first pull-up without the chair. Now I am doing about my 5th round or so and today I did 68 pull-ups in my workout! I never thought that was possible for me, I never had upper body strength but now I do. So keep up with your workouts; what seems impossible now is possible with time, effort and hard work!

That is awesome and thanks for sharing. You are doing great. P90X made the impossible become possible for me too. When I started on Day 1 my fit test was 2 pull ups. My day 90 fit test was 22 pull ups. It gets easier because it will make you stronger. You are doing great. Keep it up.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    6/14

Awesome. I had o push myself to push play today too, though I was in nowhere near as bad shape. Don't know how you did it. Amazing dedication.

I also used my new cross trainer shoes today. That is making a huge difference on the arches on my feet. The jumping seems to be less tension and everything just seemed smoother today. Tomorrow is the big day with Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. Keep digging deeper. We got this. Month 2 will be here before we know it and it is very tough.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    June 14th. Power 90. Another one bites the dust. I am getting pretty dang good at this. Shedding the weight moving notches on my belt I am so happy. I feel good too. Thanks again everyone and keep up the great work. You all are doing a fantastic job. I am looking forward to starting Insanity one of these days.
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    Today is work. I've got my meals lined up for the week. My work out clothes are clean.
    We'll do some kind of turbo, maybe with a HIIT during lunch.

I did mainly yoga stuff for the past two days. Taking it easy on the joints and getting some awesome stretches.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    6/15
    Day 13 Insanity Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs
    I did the Cardio Ab workout first because I knew the Pure Cardio would leave me exhausted. I sure was glad I did. I had a good workout with Cardio Abs and I was full of energy. I burned 155 calories in 17 minutes. Immediately after Cardio Abs I did Pure Carcio. I burned 568 calories during Pure Cardio. I had a great workout and feel great. I am getting much better then week 1. I am looking forward to the fit test on Monday. Have a great day everyone and keep up the awesome work.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I did Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs too along with 7 mies on my bike plus I may try to walk 3 miles for my mileage challenge! I am behind on that since Insanity stepped in!! Thank GOD tomorrow is reat day from Insanity but I do need to cover some ground! See ya Monday after the fit test!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Rode bike 15.5 miles this morning before church!
  • teamryan90
    Options
    6/16 Insanity Rest Day
    I actually rested today. My first time is over 100 days of doing no exercise at all. It felt good to rest, Normally on my rest day I will do P90X X Stretch and go biking.

Great job everyone on making it through another week. You all are doing great.
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    Got new Nike Free cross trainer shoes from my younger daughter on Saturday for father's day. Used them for cardio core and pure cardio workout. They shoes are great. Went right from 20 minute core workout into pure cardio workout and was drenched.
  • mrsroc2010
    mrsroc2010 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    06/17

Hey y'all,
    I got my INSANITY on Friday...:happy: With this being FAthers Day weekend I didn't start until late late Sunday night. So I did the fit test and I feel pretty good. I was supposed to do day 1 this morning but I start work at six a.m. and last night I went to bed way too late to get up at 3:45 am so I will do it after work..I promise:blushing: :bigsmile:
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    Semi-dreading the Fit Test this evening. Definitely sore in my hips - I think more joints than muscle - from the cardio abs workout on Saturday. Keeping that crunched position definitely put a lot of strain on outside of hips.
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    06/17

Hey y'all,
    I got my INSANITY on Friday...:happy: With this being FAthers Day weekend I didn't start until late late Sunday night. So I did the fit test and I feel pretty good. I was supposed to do day 1 this morning but I start work at six a.m. and last night I went to bed way too late to get up at 3:45 am so I will do it after work..I promise:blushing: :bigsmile:

Welcome to the group.