April 12

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Hey gang, happy Sunday!
Here in Maine, spring is finally sprung. Temps up to 60 today, hurrah, so the ice on the lake is melting and the giant snow banks in the yard are disappearing.

My big plan for the day is to do some crafting with the girls next door (ages 3 and 7) and their mom. They're making fairy gardens, so today we're making trees our of wisteria vines that have been crawling up the back of our house and winding around the rails on the second floor deck. We're also making little bird's nests to put in the trees and owls and birdhouses out of acorns.

Sunday is usually my day of rest from the gym, but I missed a couple of gym days last week so I should probably go today to make up for the skipping. I really want to just take a nap, LOL! Cari, I finally put my goal for the week in your 13 week thread. I kept it very simple--record all my food in MFP. I don't know why I have such a hard time doing this, so if I can coming back to that basic step, even if I do JUST that for 13 weeks, I'll have made great progress.

Zac, your Harry Potter wands are really amazing! I'll have to look in our shed. A couple of years ago, our neighbor dug up this crazy looking bush... I think it was called a contorted filbert... and the branches were incredibly twisted and squiggly, so beautiful! They looked like wands. I couldn't bear to see them tossed on the wood pile, so I think I tucked them away. If I have them still, and you're interested, I box them up and send them to you. Maybe I have a half dozen? I think they'd make wonderful pieces for you to carve.

b0e3qxrtcmib.jpg

Replies

• ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Karen, thank you so much for the thought! We actually got quite lucky and we managed to get our hands on some branches from one of those bushes. Hopefully we will get to work on them soon. I hope you had a blast doing crafts with those little girls.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Would love to see what you did with the girls!!! I could share with you pictures of piles of junk and garbage, and throw away stuff etc as I do my clean out project!! lol
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I started swapping out winter clothes for summer clothes as I go to Florida in 2 weeks. Cannot wait. Need my bathing suits. I think I have 6 or 7 to take with me..... I'm going to a Plus size event, so I'll be comfortable in bathing suits there.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Cari that sounds like so much fun!! And to be comfortable in front of others who are plus sizes is a wonderful feeling...one I have never had!! No actually I did ....when I went to Vermont...they have a 'weight loss 'program and I swam every single day for a couple weeks, as all the ladies were in plus sizes and I love to swim. I can't bring myself to go to any pool anywhere now!! Except if I am at a hotel and get up at the crack of dawn when the pool opens...then I can go out there and swim a few laps. Sad but true! HOpe you have a wonderful trip!! I have to pop over to Dubai for my hair appointment....no one here can do it, so will go there and stay with a friend...saves money too! Then I have a week off for education.....that is back here, so see if I can learn anything new!!
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hi gang,
    Quick stop in for me... Today was crazy, busy, a pain in the butt, but successful for food and exercise and getting my 2014 fed taxes filed.
    Nancy, I'm surprised to hear you say you aren't comfortable in a bathing suit--it's not you but the suit! You just need to find the style that works best with your body. Try fullbeauty.com. Even if they don't ship to KSA (maybe they do?), could you have someone in the states order one for you and send it? If I can wear a suit to the Y at 494 pounds, I bet you can get your little self into one.
    Sleep time! Take care all.
    K
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Karen I have been very self conscious all my life of my weight, and just can never bring myself to wear a suit on in public! Scary thought!! But thanks for the link, I will go to it and see what I can find!!