Lost muscle previously gained

Options
Hi!

I have been lifting for about 6 weeks, and gained 1% muscle. I'd been losing weight and body fat slowly over that time. My weight loss was averaging about 2 pounds per week. I use one of those electronic scales that measure weight, fat, muscle, etc. My weekly reading yesterday reflects that I've suddenly lost 1.2% muscle, and over 4 pounds. When i reviewed my food logs, it looks like there were several days that I didn't eat as much as I had the previous weeks. How do you all balance eating enough so that you keep the muscle you've gained, and continue weight loss at the same time?

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    First, I wouldn't worry too much about a week to week reading using the electronic scales. They are not known to be very accurate for body fat testing. There are factors that can influence the results including hydration levels. They can be okay for tracking long term trends downward but aren't consider the best overall for body fat measuring.

As for eating enough: I simply track calories for my goal (which is deficit to lose weight) and I try to get enough protein.