Newbie just dropping in to say hello

Options
2»

Replies

• cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm also fairly new to this diet and forum! I started end of Feb this year and am finding it very easy to manage, even with a busy lifestyle of full time work and 2 kids! Weight has always been an issue to me and I feel like my whole life has been one big diet hop! But I've found 5:2 to not only have the best results but also something I can see myself doing long term!
    So far I've lost 8kgs and a whopping 14cms around my hips!
    I also find myself looking forward to fasting days!! Does anyone else find that??

Excellent results! And I do look forward to fast days, they get me back in control if I've had a bit of a scoff but I also love that that is not a disaster and can take it my stride and not then go off the rails o:)
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone! Welcome :)
    nakaiki wrote: »

This group is by far the most positive and supporting group that I have found during my years on Myfitnesspal.

Ty and yup. We have a quiet little corner here on MFP. No need for hangriness since eating what you want (within reason) is baked into the eating plan. As many of you have mentioned, it seems like 5:2 is a very good tool for restoring natural hunger feeling and in some cases also the psychological relationship with food. I can at least vote for both effects in MY case.

If you haven't already done so, I highly suggest to read the announcement link with info and such. If you wonder about anything beyond that, feel free to ask.

In addition the english official site is quite active and have lots of good info: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/

Ooo, apparently they developed a 5:2 tracker in the UK! ...But it's only weight and measurements. Still a cool overview :)
  • mrsBlacow2015
    mrsBlacow2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm new to the group but have been successfully IF'ing since mid November! 25lbs down with 3 to go!

I really enjoy my fast days and find myself looking forward to giving my body a break! My whole attitude to food has changed so much and I am by far a healthier person- in body and mind!

Anyone please feel free to add me... It would be good to have some fellow fasters to support and encourage!

Kat