Fat Fast Anyone?

Options
MDAPebbles67
MDAPebbles67 Posts: 181 Member
I like to use the FF as a way of getting back on track after having too many carbs. This weekend I had two high sugar days. and am definitely out of ketosis.

The traditional FF is 1000calories, 90% fat. It is only meant to be done for a few days at a time.

The truth is, I usually end up between 1200-1500 cals, 90% fat. I am 5'10, 235 and exercise 3x/week. This week, I will FF today and tomorrow, then possibly again this weekend.

If you want a FF or LC buddy please feel free to add me. I could use some encouragement. A little about me...Female 47, Mom, HS teacher with a Binge Eating Disorder. Currently using Low Carb Paleolithic eating and amino acid therapy to control binges and lose weight.

Replies

• Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I don't do a fat fast, but Dana Carpender's Fat Fast book has a few recipes that are awesome (I haven't tried any of the really strange ones).

Garlicky Creamed Mushrooms (I actually use these to top my steak if I don't eat them plain)
    8 ounces sliced mushrooms
    2.5 tbsp butter
    2 tbsp Boursin cheese (I prefer Alouette, much more garlicky).

Saute mushrooms in butter until they change color & soften up.
    Add cheese & stir until it melts.

2 servings, in each: 215 Cal, 21g fat, 4g Protein, 6g Carbs, 5g Net Carbs. 83.9% calories from fat
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I don't "add friends" on MFP (sorry)...but I did find a 2 day fat fast very helpful for getting back on track after I was sick and thrown out of ketosis.
    This site helped:
    http://www.ruled.me/using-fat-fasting-technique/

One of the favourite things that I made on the diet was cream cheese frosting. I used Kerrygold butter, cream cheese, liquid stevia, and vanilla extract. Whip with electric mixer. YUM!

-T.