Tracking Macros

Options
vivajordi
vivajordi Posts: 2 Member
Hi all! I have been strength training for months now but am beginning to track my micronutrients to hopefully drop weight in prep for my wedding this summer. Any tips from those with experience would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are amazing for macros - have a box on hand as for me they can save me.

It took lots of playing and experimenting. It seems there's one or two that people have issues meeting, mine is fiber.
    I think a good way to look at it is over a scope of a week instead of a day, that makes it easier plus if your body wants more carbs or protein for strength days you can rebalance it the next day.
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have been saying "Keeping on top of macros/micros/eating is like a full time job!!!" I have found I just have to set aside time for planning to ensure that I'm on target. I've not been focusing on micros as much as macros, but I do know a multivitamin and good protein powder can go a long way!
  • emilysablone
    emilysablone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Plan as much as you can! Cook meat, that takes the longest! Make sure you always have food ready so you don't "cheat" good luck!
  • Green_eyed_beauty
    Green_eyed_beauty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have some info on my blog for macro's... crookedpinkyfitnessandnutrition.wordpress.com, look up the self made post.
    My guidance is to start at 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat and adjust where you see fit. I have found this keeps me feeling full and energized. I also try to keep 35g+ of fiber intake everyday as well.
    Planning is huge and emergency meal options are always in my bag just in case.
  • myturn15
    myturn15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have some info on my blog for macro's... crookedpinkyfitnessandnutrition.wordpress.com, look up the self made post.
    My guidance is to start at 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat and adjust where you see fit. I have found this keeps me feeling full and energized. I also try to keep 35g+ of fiber intake everyday as well.
    I am trying to stick to the same macros as you. How do you get your fiber? I am having a real hard time with this.
  • Green_eyed_beauty
    Options
    @myturn15 - I found a whole wheat wrap that has 13 grams of fiber to wrap my chicken sausage and eggs in in the morning which gives me a good jump start on the day. Oatmeal, sweet potatoes, apples, berries, veggies and nuts make up the rest and if you are struggling with that, you can always use a fiber supplement, like benefiber to up your numbers.
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    myturn15 wrote: »
    I am trying to stick to the same macros as you. How do you get your fiber? I am having a real hard time with this.

I've been spiking my oatmeal with natural wheat bran for even more fiber. Chia seeds have a nice hunk of fiber too.
  • myturn15
    myturn15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I forgot about Chia seeds. I have some already. Thanks @awkwarsoul
  • Green_eyed_beauty
    Options
    Avocado's are a great source of fiber as well.