New, looking for friends

Options
BReallyYou
BReallyYou Posts: 7 Member
I've finally made this journey a lifestyle mentally. My eating is coming along nicely. I'm working on establishing a fitness routine. I'm 37 yo, engaged, mother of 4 ages 3-18, professional counselor (largely sedentary), etc. My go to exercises are walking/jogging and kettle bell routines. I'm 5'8", weigh 198, desire to weigh 180 or 160, but mostly tone/firm and decrease body fat.

Replies

• Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi BReally! I'm new as well and would love to share encouragement and support! I am 5'7 and currently weigh 187)bs. I used to he very active prior to pregnancy and I am still breastfeeding. My lowest was 155 yet my goal is between 160-165 pounds. I currently jog/run/walk and light weight training as I just started last week. So anyways, nice to meet you!
  • MaryBelfry
    Options
    Hi B & B,
    I am in the same boat, recently needed to ramp it up or "down" regarding calories. I have always worked out and told myself I was excersising so I could eat what I want! Well, I have discovered in one week where my pitfalls are and truly was clueless about calorie intake. For example I buy a very healthy granola from our local organic store not Whole Foods and found out that 12 oz is 850 calories!! My current goal is 1/2 to 1 lb per week and would like to be back to 160. After that maybe another 10. Thanks for listening!
  • SuperGirlMom
    SuperGirlMom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have never been part of a group like this before. I'm trying to make my new lifestyle choices stick. Been using mfp on and off for a few years. I'm 5"2' and have a light frame. I'm not looking for anything extreme, just want to get the last 10 baby pounds off. I am beginning to work out consistently and am also trying to eat a mostly plant based diet. My end goal is 105 lbs. that's what I was pre-baby and is not underweight. Anyhow, would like to find some friends with similar goals of living healthy as a lifestyle rather than a diet.