Snacks when Hungry on Paleo

Options
I'm just made it through my first week on the Whole 30 day Paleo Challenge, I'm doing better now getting my energy from nuts and sweet potatoes. Does anyone have any snacks they use and anyone have a Clean Protein Powder they use that works?

Replies

• tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think this is the right forum for that question, but someone might be able to help you. I wasn't under the impression that clean eating involved paleo or any 30-day challenges.
  • okulyd
    okulyd Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I use nuzest protein powder. Its as clean as they come (only a few ingredients), mixes well, has lots of amino acids, and tastes great. I mix chocolate with a scoop of almond butter and a little water to make a pudding. It fills me up and helps me meet my protein requirements. For snacks I use fresh veggies (celery, cucumber, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots) or an apple.
  • cry137
    cry137 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Larabars, Sea weed chips, wholeme.com sales date bars and paleo granola, which is delicious. Jilz Snackerz has paleo approved "crackers" and I just add tuna mixed with avocado to eat with those. Hope that helps.
  • Kdenino8
    Kdenino8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    larabars are the best type of snacks i use! that and sweet potato chips or apple chips. i also do a banana with almond butter..
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, fruit, nuts & seeds (in moderation) are all great options if you're on the go.

Nak'd bars are pretty good, and there are other paleo brands out there.... just be wary as some of them are very high in sugar and not much better than processed foods.

Whole foods are best whenever possible!
  • MiRatlhed
    MiRatlhed Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Epic
    I wouldn't think this is the right forum for that question, but someone might be able to help you. I wasn't under the impression that clean eating involved paleo or any 30-day challenges.

Paleo is the definition of clean eating. This is for sure the right place. I left the Paleo support group and joined this one because people actually offer good advice instead of their own bias pompass response.

Epic bars and larabars on the go. Macadamia nuts, almond stuffed olives, almond butter with celery or apples. Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, blueberries, strawberries are easy to snack on. Canned herring and sardines are my favorite go to snack. I buy these cans of sweet potato and butternut squash puree from Farmers Market brand that are super easy to heat and eat, I also eat it straight from the can. Way easier than cooking a whole squash up for me since the rest of the family does not like those foods. I try to keep everything super simple and it is easy to stick to Paleo. I have some Kefir and protein powder for some Primal adds. I use MusclePharm with has coconut water added, not the cleanest choice but I lose too much weight unless I eat around 3500 calories in workout days.

• Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    mmm...Larabars...
  • gash14
    gash14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    As for protein powder my family and I use hemp protein powder by nutiva.
  • gash14
    Options
    We're big homemade jerky fans and fruit/veggie leather...super easy to make in the oven and uber portable.
  • TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Many of the people on here are Paleo, because it is a clean diet. My personal opinion of Paleo is that someone had a ridiculous idea that caused them to stumble on a few really good things. (I hope that doesn't offend anyone, but the rationale behind the diet is kinda crazy.) It can be a good starting place with the information and recipes you can find. I like to use some Paleo recipes, because I know they won't have foods I don't want. I just think it is too restrictive long term.
  • gash14
    Options
    Pork Rinds are another good one. We make our own as most of the ones sold in stores have MSG and other junk in them.
  • rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Love the concept of paleo, but felt it was too restrictive for me personally. I would struggle with the no dairy or legumes part of the plan. I do find myself using some paleo recipes though.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    gash14 wrote: »
    Pork Rinds are another good one. We make our own as most of the ones sold in stores have MSG and other junk in them.
    Homemade pork rinds?!?!
    GIVE ME YOUR SECRETS!