Hi everyone

Options
Chrissi073
Chrissi073 Posts: 19 Member
My name is Christina I am 41 (42 in July). I have 2 kids (son 15 & daughter 2 1/2) and a husband.
I live in Vancouver BC Canada. I need to loose 65 pounds, which sounds so ridiculous coming out of my mouth. Any tips, advice or meal ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Replies

• GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi! 43, mom of 2 (adopted, so I don't have pregnancy weight or anything like that). I would suggest stepping down. 65 is a big goal. What about 20 to start. Then another 20 when you reach it, then the last 25. Or set 10 pound subgoals. That might make it easier to look at.
  • GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Oh, and in my life (and my husband's) I can tell that portion size is a BIG culprit in weight gain. Keep to the right portions and that will drop a lot of calories!
  • mls100771
    mls100771 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think setting a goal weight is a good thing, but your bodyweight is just a number, and a temporary one at that.

Your best bet is to start reviewing your eating/drinking/activity behaviors and commit to making a change to one or more of them per week.

For instance... If you were a soda drinker, set a goal to not drink soda anymore, but to seek out low calorie alternatives to soda that you could live with as a change. If you can make it for the week, then you are ready to accept that as part of your lifestyle and set another goal. Let's say this time it's " I will skip that scoop of ice cream I usually have after dinner this week". At the same time, come up with a healthful low calorie substitution for that ice cream and have it instead. Remember, it's not always about sacrifice and giving something up as it is making the more healthful decision in a given circumstance.

After a while, all these little changes you make to your lifestyle are going to add up to some very significant changes.
  • alesaux1867
    alesaux1867 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Little and often works for me. Forget about mealtimes. I eat a small amount very three hours or so. That way I'm never hungry. As I'm not hungry I don't binge. After the initial week or so your body starts to adjust to the small but often portions and it then doesn't feel like a diet. This with a gradual increase in your exercise will help you get the ball rolling