3 weeks post-op

Options
Maria544
Maria544 Posts: 21 Member
Between The first two weeks after surgery I lost 20 pounds. This week I didn't lose any at all. Is this normal?

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Yup! Lots of folks have a stall after 2-3 weeks. There is a lot going on and sometimes the body does strange things. Keep to your program and the loss will happen, just not always when you expect it or want it to! Keep your eye on the long term progress rather than the day to day weight.

Rob
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    good to know, I'm almost at the two week mark
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Echoing what Rob said. It won't be the last stall you have either. It's all part of the process. Hang in there. You're doing just fine!
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have pretty well-kept data for the first two months. My pattern seems to be a 6 day stall followed by a 14-day period of loss. Its tough to see at the beginning but the plateau will break. Then there will be more plateaus after that but they are less emotionally draining than the first one.
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I prefer to look at them as pauses not stalls! LOL I'm just over 2 months out and have been pausing ever so often. Longest was a week, just after I added in solid foods. I've been told its one of the few normal things about me!! :wink:
  • Maria544
    Maria544 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's good to read. I always read that thw first months are were you see the biggest lost so I was like what's going on here? But I'll relax now! Thank you!
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Try not to worry about the weight. Like everyone said already, there will be days where you barely lose or not at all. And there will be days and weeks where you lose more than you thought! o:)

Look at it this way, if you had only weighed yourself once after 3 weeks you'd still be down 20 pounds and you wouldn't know which days those pounds came off. That's almost a pound a day!

You'll be fine. :)