Help with balance?

Options
faithan84
faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
Hi everyone!

I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of December, and started taking with MFP two months ago. I've lost about 65 pounds so far! :smile:

I've been following a modified version of Food Addicts Anonymous's food plan (http://www.foodaddictsanonymous.org/faa-food-plan). I cut out wheat, any kind of flour, added sugar, artificial sugar, dairy, and processed food. I've been eating organic when possible, and mostly whole foods. I cut down the amount of food that the FAA plan suggests because it was too much for me. Since I've been tracking, I've been a little more lax with the plan (allowing myself more fruit for example), but I've had a calorie goal of 1200, and I want to stay in the 40/30/30% range for calories from carbs/fat/protein.

Besides the fruits and vegetables, most of my calories typically come from fat in olive oil, nuts, and meats, and carbs from grains and starchy vegetables.

Since tracking here, I cut down on my protein to help my wallet. I'm doing eggs in the morning, legumes, nuts, and seeds at lunch, and usually 3-4 oz of meat for dinner. But now my percentages are off, and I'm not getting enough protein.

Any suggestions to balancing the percentages or low carb/low fat/inexpensive/high quality protein?

Thanks in advance!