healing

RisiM
RisiM Posts: 180 Member
I got badly scratched by a bush in the garden last weekend but have healed up really fast. Before LCHF, similar 'damage' would take 2 weeks. Anyone else noticed this?

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    not according to the huge scratch the cat gave me the other day - still red and livid
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    RisiM wrote: »
    I got badly scratched by a bush in the garden last weekend but have healed up really fast. Before LCHF, similar 'damage' would take 2 weeks. Anyone else noticed this?

Yes, I have noticed this. I got a sunburn that normally would have taken a couple weeks to fully heal, and I think by day 2, I was okay, just still kept covered. Most of any peeling was done by day 4-5 (only around the edges), and it bounced back quickly.

Also, muscle "hurts" seem to take less healing time. I twisted my ankle and my knee and different times, and what normally would have taken weeks to heal took less than a few days...

I figured my body was having to do less internal healing all the time since I'm getting better across the board - so it was able to fix everything else quickly!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,073 Member
    Yes, I have personally noticed faster healing, as well as better protection against sunburn. I think that eating a high fat diet helps with this. I've especially heard that eating and using coconut products help protect the skin against the sun.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    I haven't noticed that yet. I'm 4 weeks out from some minor surgery and it still hasn't healed.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Not here either. Sprained my ankle a week ago and it's still swollen.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    My rosacea has flared this week. I don't know if it has anything to do with this WOE, but it sure hasn't prevented it.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Yes, I have personally noticed faster healing, as well as better protection against sunburn. I think that eating a high fat diet helps with this. I've especially heard that eating and using coconut products help protect the skin against the sun.

I've actually switched to coconut oil for sun screen for both my son and myself. As I recall, it's like SPF5, so not a ton, but enough for me to prevent burning. Plus, I get that fun beach smell without the toxic chemicals. :) I only use sun screen when I'm going to be around a lot of water, though, because I only burn when I get that double-whammy of the reflection (go go just enough Native American to get an awesome tan!). I'm deficient in Vitamin D as it is, and I live in one of the least sunny places in the US, so I need all the sun I can get.
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Definitely! And either I do not catch colds easily, or they go away quicker than when I eat high carb. And that is saying something for a diabetic. :smiley:
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,073 Member
    Yes, the fun beach smell is good Dragonwolf.

And that's true too geraldine, I don't catch colds either, can't remember the last time I got sick, maybe 3 years ago when not fully grain free yet. It's amazing isn't it ?
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    I buy coconut-scented shampoo just for the smell!