2015 MFP Grand Tour Challenge - SIgnup and Discussion Thread...

Options

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm having a few issues with pasting the logging .txt file back into the other thread.

I'm using a Mac and have copied the original template into notepad and saved as .txt. When i paste the template into the other message is looses all the formatting and looks shocking.

Anyone else using a Mac or anyone else have any ideas on how i can get this looking spot on ?

[ code ] *insert text* [ /code ]

remove the spaces on each side of the brackets.

• stewartlayzell
    stewartlayzell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I'm having a few issues with pasting the logging .txt file back into the other thread.

I'm using a Mac and have copied the original template into notepad and saved as .txt. When i paste the template into the other message is looses all the formatting and looks shocking.

Anyone else using a Mac or anyone else have any ideas on how i can get this looking spot on ?

[ code ] *insert text* [ /code ]

remove the spaces on each side of the brackets.

You are a star cheers for your help.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    A quick question for the (still relatively) n00b me - what do the positions in the team mean? Allen was concerned about being in "the GC spot", I thought everyone not the Team Leader was GC :smiley: I'm also assuming the 8th spot (me) is Domestique, which I'm perfectly suited for :smile:

Positions in the team are largely based on typical team lineups, with the person that's usually the "designated protected rider" (or the person most likely to be contending for the overall win) taking the #1 slot, and often (but not always) the "Road Captain" - generally a big "rouleur" who's been around for a while and knows how to get things organised and make things happen at the #9 slot. Other numbers are basically allocated ad-hoc.

How that translates to this challenge... well, generally, someone who's been a prior winner of one of the challenges will get one or the other of those numbers - though, there's nothing to say that someone riding in one of the other numbers won't end up topping the charts, it's often VERY difficult to come up with a true idea of what distance some people are likely to ride... Especially if they insist in riding into some geriatric's Mercedes.

And on that subject, I'm sure everyone would like to wish Jason a speedy recovery after yesterdays accident (pictures of him getting repaired in the Graham Watson Thread - nothing too gruesome). And I'd like to close in best "Hill Street Blues Fashion" and remind everyone here to be careful out there, keep it rubber side down, and try and stay in one piece Folks.

• anviljenkins
    anviljenkins Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    La Vuelta Challenge Entries for Rider 321 Team Twinkie

Stage Date    Distance     Time   Ascent(m)  Ride Log URL
                              h:mm:ss
    ====================================================================================
    1 TTT    22/08   _29.8km  01:19:00  _105m  www.strava.com/activities/374803169
    2        23/08   _36.1km  01:30:58  _153m www.strava.com/activities/375920144
    3        24/08   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    4        25/08   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________  
    5        26/08   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    6        27/08   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    7        28/08   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    8        29/08   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    9        30/08   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    10       31/08   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    R        01/09
    11       02/09   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    12       03/09   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    13       04/09   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    14       05/09   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    15       06/09   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    16       07/09   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    R        08/09
    17       09/09   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    18       10/09   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    19       11/09   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    20       12/09   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________
    21       13/09   ___._km  __:__:__  ____m  ___________________________________

Running Total __65.9km

• cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

====================================================================================
    R        01/09
    R        08/09

Running Total __65.9km

Post you ride in the ride logging thread please: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10238303
  • mdstamand
    mdstamand Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Sorry team Pro Pie, no ride today. I managed a pre-dawn ride yesterday before leaving town for a family wedding. I returned tonight too late to manage any ride. I must get some sleep for the work week ahead. (12 hr shifts for the next two days). I hope we managed to get our 5 riders for the TTT stage 1, I only count three on the latest update.
  • TheBigYin
    Options

cloggsy71 wrote: »

R        01/09
    R        08/09

Running Total __65.9km

Post you ride in the ride logging thread please: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10238303

I've copied it in for this ride, please confirm in the correct thread after your next ride :)

• TheBigYin
    Options
    and while I'm on housekeeping duties... I've posted Jason's ill-fated ride from Saturday in the logging thread for him... he contacted me and asked if I could sort it, now that he's got his bike and the Garmin back in his posession. Least I can do mate - take care and wish you well for a speedy recovery mate...
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    entries to the spreadsheet may be a little sporadic over the next week or so folks - I've got a rather nasty system problem with my main computer - think it's basically the motherboard getting ready to give up the ghost. And, as the machine's on Windows Vista 32bit (and the motherboard is LONG out of production), I reckon its basically time to spec up a complete replacement of the machine with something more modern, then (the bit I'm dreading) migrate all the bloody programs and data from the old machine to the new without losing anything that I rely upon for earning a living / running my business. To say it's something of a "squeaky bum moment" is an understatement.

So - i'm working from a laptop, avoiding turning the old machine on at all, until I absolutely HAVE TO. But it means that I'm also working on a tiny screen, and the laptop keyboard and no mouse - all fine and dandy for a couple of hours, but when it's nearly all day, its a complete PITA when I'm used to a pair of colour corrected Dell U2412M's to play with.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,217 Member
    Options
    Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery. :+1:
  • faugsu
    faugsu Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    September will make 2 years with my Garmin - today was the 1st time I didn't have it with me. I've never had enough memory available on my phone for the strava app. After cleaning some stuff out, then being unable to get a signal, I did get the end of my ride recorded.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    You boys are killing me... I'm trying to keep up, but damn can y'all either slow down or come off the mountain tops? Just joking around I like having folks to compete against and Jillian usually takes the lead from me the second week. Going to try to stay ahead of her but not sure I can. She is a mountain goat!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    FACT. :mrgreen:

Awsome.png

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    Sorry team. The smoke has gotten so thick that I'm having problems breathing even indoors. They are evacuating neighbor towns. So, no more rides until the smoke clears a bit.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Sorry team. The smoke has gotten so thick that I'm having problems breathing even indoors. They are evacuating neighbor towns. So, no more rides until the smoke clears a bit.

no worries - stay safe man :)

• sufferlandrian
    Options
  • m1xm0d3
    Options

No doubt dude. Please stay safe and take no chances.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Apologies to team Pastana...

Sorry guys, some of you may have spotted on Sunday my update that I'd aggravated one of my long-term issues - basically I fell down a couple of stairs whilst rushing to get out for a ride, and I've jarred myself, causing one of the "adhesions" in my chest to tear slightly - which in itself may not be a bad thing in the longer term (if it heals without re-adhering, it'll be a good thing) but in the short term, it basically feels half way between a torn muscle under the clavicle and towards the shoulder and the kind of pain you get if you have pleurisy... In short, it hurts when you move your upper body, especially your arm, AND it hurts if you breath anything other than VERY shallowly.

I went out on Sunday for a much shorter ride than I was intending - just to hopefully stop the adhesion "re-setting" straight away, but by Sunday evening it was still hurting enough to realise that riding on Monday just wasn't on the cards.

I took a day off, and this morning, I'm feeling much improved, and with the Official rest day today, I'm going to do my usual stretches and exercises to try and keep the adhesion from re-forming, with a view to possibly getting back on the bike for stage 11 tomorrow - probably only for a very short "test" ride to see how things feel, before hopefully being able to resume "normal service" by stage 12. I'll keep everyone posted, in case I'm going to be back on the binnacle list...
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I for one would not like you joining me on the binnacle list, it's been great seeing you steadily improve over the past few months, hope this setback is temporary! Being sidelined sucks.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Rest up and get well soon, Mark.