natural/greek yogurt

RisiM
RisiM Posts: 180 Member
can anyone in the UK recommend a brand, they all seem very high in carbs i.e.6 or more per 100 grams.
I like to add flaxmeal to mine - seems a bit more palatable that way, can't swallow the meal in a protein shake.

Replies

• robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Clandeboye Estate natural yogurt has 3 grms per 100. This may be local but can be found in Sainsburys. Holland and Barrat also carry a Neals Yard Omega Breakfast Sprinkle which is very good. Hope this helps.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    You could make your own. Pick up a small container of a kind you like to use as a starter.

Then, get some whole milk (add cream if you want, but you need some lactose, so I don't know that straight cream would work too well). Warm it (I don't remember the exact temperature, but I want to say to 60C), then let it cool to about 50C and mix in about a tablespoon of the yogurt you bought. Wrap a towel around the bowl and place on a heating pad to keep it around 50C and let it go for 4-24 hours. The longer you let it go, the tangier it will get as more lactose is used up.
  • spush
    spush Posts: 132 Member
    If I'm having yoghurt I have Total full fat Greek yogurt. 4g carb per 100 and mix in a little double cream to lower the carbs