Anyone re-starting like me?

Options
2»

Replies

• Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ACSL3 wrote: »
    @itsgottago86, I'm not restarting 5:2, but I am restarting trying to lose weight. I was doing the typical, MFP, restrict by 500 calories every day thing - I had been doing it on and off for several years and about a month ago went back to being "on." I discovered a thread that discussed 5:2 and decided to look more into it and then joined this group and decided to try it. So I'm not quite restarting in the same way you are, but I am restarting with a new method - and a method that has allowed me to lose 8lbs in a month which is way better than any time before :smiley:

I'm restarting the same as you:) in the last year I've lost 30lbs by cutting back on calories. Then I took a break and ate at maintenance and just can't seem to go back to 500 less a day! I found this diet through another app I downloaded (lifesum) and looked more into it and I'm currently reading an ebook about it. I started the diet yesterday and today is my first fast day! I'm hopeful that this will work for me because 2 days of control I can do!
  • christinaross713
    christinaross713 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm "restarting." about a year ago I lose 12 lbs in a few weeks. As time went on I got too confident and stopped counting all my calories and my 500 calorie days turned into 700 calorie days, turned into 900 calorie days and my TDEE days went up to. I've gained all the weight back over the last few months. I'm committing to starting my fast again & logging everything I eat in MFP.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Restarting today. I went on vacation in April and just had a hard time coming back to being disciplined. However, I miss the fasting (can you believe that?). I felt better on the plan than off so I am back. And I also looking forward to reconnecting to this wonderful group. :heart: