New here! Looking for friends with open diaries

Options
AmZam05
AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
Hey everyone!

A little about myself but I'll try not to bore you to death... My name's Amanda, I'm 23, just south of Pittsburgh. I joined MFP almost exactly a year ago and since then have lost roughly 50lbs. Now I'm stuck on the last 10-20ish.

I started a serious weight lifting program in December - Stronglifts 5x5 - and am impatiently determined to lose the rest of this stubborn fat so I can bulk. I put my macros under a microscope (heh, no pun intended) and deciding lowering carbs was the best way to go. I don't plan on going full on keto simply because I believe more strongly in moderation and don't want to give up certain things, but I'm going to hover around 100g carbs per day. So far this week with lower carbs I feel fantastic. Yay fats!

I found this group and have been lurking the past couple days. Everyone seems so nice and welcoming, unlike the main forums where I'm sure we can all agree there is an awful lot of hostility, especially when low carb is mentioned. I'm looking for some pals with open food diaries so I can get food inspiration. I absolutely LOVE to cook, and of course I try to be as supportive as I can. I look forward to getting to know you wonderful folks! :)

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Love this group! My diary is open to friends if you want to send me a request!
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends, however I'll warn you that it is boring, repetitive, and designed to be pretty mindless when it comes to counting carbs. ;-) I'm much lower than your carb target (at or under 20g), but maybe there will be an idea or two that you can take and run with. I've been actively back on track w/ low carb/keto since mid January...a little over 25 pounds down to date with no exercise, and gearing up to re-introduce resistance training and light cardio within the next few weeks.

Welcome and good luck to you!