Feeling very hungry despite eating well

Options
minties82
minties82 Posts: 907 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
I have eaten almost all of my kilojoules for the day already, before 11am.

I've stuffed in tuna, salami, eggs, mayonaise, cream cheese, beef mince (burger meat?) etc. Over 100g of fat. I'm not exercising today unless it stops pouring with rain. Also a lot of salt has been consumed.

My stomach is physically so full that it hurts and looks massive. But I still want to eat. I want to take a spoon to the mayo jar.

I haven't gone over my kilojoule allowance (which is about 1330 kcal. Up from 1200 as of about 4 days ago).

Some motivation/encouragement to not touch food today would be nice. I'm 91.1kg today, so close to the 80-something kg range (or under 200lbs).

Heeellp! I thought people didn't get hungry on very low carb? I'm stuck inside on an autumn day, it's pouring with rain, my kids don't want to do anything and my husband is at work.

Carbs for the day are sitting at 12.

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're bored. Go play a board game with your kids.
  • minties82
    Options
    They are too little to play board games. I'm not bored just ravenous. Having a nice relaxing day.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Looking at what your profile says, is your ED showing up? What are the previous coping mechanisms you've used in the past?

Also are you counting in KJs or in calories? You're OP has both in it.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    eat if you feel hungry. even if it is boredom or emotional eating, just make sure you enter it, so you can look at it. Since it looks like you were eating too little before, your body is probably going "woo hoo! more food!" your food diary looks good, so stop eating under your macros for a little while. the hunger will go. I have those days too :)
  • minties82
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I count in kilojoules. I always try to talk in imperial on forums because no one else seems to be from New Zealand :-).

I managed to make a deal with myself and control any urges, but did eat at more of a maintenance level for the day. I haven't had any struggle with BED for weeks. Today has been the hardest day by far. I don't see any harm at one higher day...right?

I did eat very low to start with on MFP under doctors orders. I realised it was stupid and too hard after a while :-). He wanted me to eat at 800 or below kcal until I had lost a good 60-70lbs.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    He wanted me to eat at 800 or below kcal until I had lost a good 60-70lbs.

Wait....what? Why? What is your height and weight?
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    OMG that is torture! 800 calories? what a way to screw up your metabolism! Glad you bounced back
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    If you're sure it's a physical hunger and not an emotional one, go with it. Some people are so damaged from under eating calories they go through this, then eventually level out. Just listen to the cues.

Someone did once suggest pickles to control cravings though. Try that first, maybe, to see if it helps. I hate to think of adding food to a stomach that feels full and pressured.
  • minties82
    Options
    I am 149cm or 4'11" and because of the binge eating I got to 115kg which is about 253lbs.

I am definitely hungry, not bored. I dropped 500 grams overnight despite having eaten so much. So now sitting at 90.6kg. Still hungry at 5:31am haha!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Remember those deflated adipose cells? They excrete something called adiponectin.

Some people think the increase in adiponectin is a Good Thing because it increases insulin sensitivity.

Others think that it's your fat cells screaming "fill me back up!" and it increases hunger. I'm not sure anybody has figured out how to make them stop screaming. Exercise seems to help.
  • minties82
    Options
    Thank you, I have never heard of that before. Can't say I have looked much into the science if weight loss. Food for thought.