I gained weight this week and it's a good thing

ac7nj
ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
I just weighed in today and gained 5 pounds but I'm not worried about it. My goal weight is 175 pounds and as of today I'm 185.5. But the exercise I'm doing will develop more muscle mass, 60 minutes of cardio two days a week and strength training three days. I have increased muscle in all of the major groups.

So what is your opinion?

Randy

Replies

• badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    sounds like hour doing great. keep up,the good work
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    badhair56 wrote: »
    sounds like hour doing great. keep up,the good work

you're not hour
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Sounds like the muscle increase is causing the scale increase --- and possibly water retained because of the increase in muscle mass also. Stay with your program since it is working well.
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    My knowledge of this stuff isn't good enough to have a conversation about this, but I am glad you're doing so well! Keep up the hard work Randy! It's obviously paying off for you!
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Happy your program is working so great for you! I can't wait to hit the gym...starting back to yoga this week :)
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Concur - the weight doesn't matter at this point; the exercise sounds great.
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    I think that is fantastic!!! I do cardio kickboxing 3 days/week and strength training 3 days/week as well. I have actually put on almost 20 pounds but my body fat percentage has gone down 5%. So that's excellent! The scale is a good tool to use for people who do not do strength training/muscle building. However, the scale is just awful for those of us that do those things. Tracking body fat is how I track my losses now. I can't use the scale as a tool any longer.

Good for you!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    How tall are you? What is your body fat percentage? My only concern for you would be if your goal weight really should be 185 and you are justifying a 10 pound gain now, will you justify 10 more down the line? and 10 more after that? It's easy for weight gain to creep up and then get out of control.