Nutiva Coconut Oil - Cheap at Costco - Experience?

petr8888
petr8888 Posts: 47 Member
I just found Nutiva coconut oil at Costco - roughly half price of other brands at regular retail. Anybody got experience with Nutiva products.

Replies

• flatlandrunner
    flatlandrunner Posts: 54 Member
    I buy those mega tubs from costco too- no issues for me. (I've also bought the super-fancy hoighty-toighty ultra premium coconut oil- newbie mistake, and can tell the difference between the two)

But the difference isn't so great that the costco stuff doesn't compare. Cooks well, keeps, tastes great; that combined with quantity you get makes it worthwhile for me to keep buying.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Check VitaCost.com's house brand too.
  • rkufeke
    rkufeke Posts: 73 Member
    I use Nutiva organic virgin, but not the one from Costco... I got 2 normal-size jars for about $7 when they were BOGO at Sprouts. I'm starting to run low though so I'll be looking at Costco to re-stock!
  • petr8888
    Thanks all. Costco tub i2 2.3 litres for 23CDN. Roughly half what I was paying at regular retail. Live and learn.
  • kirkor
    Snapped these while out and about today. I forgot how inexpensive even the smaller jars can be ---

goEcXQK.jpg
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited April 2015
    kirkor wrote: »

I was wondering about their brand today. You've tried it?
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    I buy from costco-no issues
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    I get the tub in the middle (the $14.98 one) in kirkor's picture, but at BJ's its only $11 or so.
  • petr8888
    Thanks all! I got it - excellent. Keto On!
  • kirkor
    baconslave wrote: »

Yep, it's tasty and has worked well for cooking eggs, adding to roasted veggies, and eating plain.

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,015 Member
    baconslave wrote: »

Yep, it's tasty and has worked well for cooking eggs, adding to roasted veggies, and eating plain.

Yay. Thank you. I'm about to exhaust my big tub of Nutiva. Vitacost is a lot less $.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,764 Member
    I use the Nutiva organic blah blah blah coconut oil, but only in my coffee. The flavor is great in coffee, but I am sensitive to smells and it smells cocnutty enough to put me off cooking things in it.

MY family, when I experimented on them, didn't seem to notice/mind the cocnuttiness.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Grocery outlet has a giant jar of nutiva for 10 bucks. It's almost as tall as a half gallon of cream and bigger around.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    MY family, when I experimented on them, didn't seem to notice/mind the cocnuttiness.

uh them or you? sumpin wrong with this last word<grin>