Dairy 'intolerance'

RisiM
RisiM Posts: 180 Member
After not losing any weight, or measurement change for at least the last 3 weeks and having stuck to my lchf (10,60, 30) I'm beginning to wonder if it's the double cream that's causing it.
Does anyone have any similar 'problems'?

Replies

• GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    I discovered that cream was giving me a weird lump in my throat feeling for my first couple of months low carb. It wasn't something I ate before, I always hated cream but got a sudden taste for it. But whatever it was it's passed. Can you give it a miss for a week or so and see what happens?
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hard to say. I stop losing for a few weeks at a time, then all of sudden get a big weight loss. I average about 10 pounds loss a month, even with the 2 to 3 weeks at a time not losing anything. Some people say dairy stalls them.
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Think I'll finish what I have bought already and see what happens. I have skimmed milk in shakes but include the carbs in my totals
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    edited April 2015
    fyi--skimmed milk has more carbs than whole, at least in the US. They add sugar to replace the fat they skim off, so it tastes better.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    I have intolerances to a lot of stuff, I've found it easiest to cut them out completely.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    fyi--skimmed milk has more carbs than whole, at least in the US. They add sugar to replace the fat they skim off, so it tastes better.

Second this. Beware anything low fat when you're in the dairy aisle!
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Many Ladies of Keto / LCHF apparently report dairy causing stalls. Try cutting it out.
    For your shakes, try using unsweetened almond or almond-coconut milk instead. Blue Diamond / Almond Breeze has a good one in the cold case (NOT the one in the Tetrapaks on the shelves). Be careful to get the unsweetened one or you're going to have a bad time. I honestly find little difference between the vanilla and original flavours.
    Add a tablespoon of macadamia nut oil to make up for the fat.

-T.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    I don't personally have an issue with dairy but perhaps I don't eat much anyway? I only really have cheese.