New here! Emotional overeating!

Options
Phxvail42
Phxvail42 Posts: 3 Member
I end up overeating when im any of the following:
Stressed
Depressed
Bored

Theres no rhyme or reason to what i usually overeat... Sometimes salty, sometimes sweet.

What makes it difficult for me - really, is that my husband isnt trying to eat healthy and we are living with limited finances so i usually have to make do with the groceries he buys. Which is usually junk food: chips, candy, icecream. I ask all the time, please get me fruit and veggies, yogurts etc so i have snacks to eat when my cravings hit. What i get are the random fruit assortments from walmart that - no offense- expire a few days after we buy them and usually bring fruit flies into the house.

Due to our limited finances i cant affort to buy additional grocerie most weeks. Im doing the very best i can with what i have and im still frustrated with the grocery issues.

I have considered taking over the shopping/meal planning responsibilities. I just dont have the time between work, my business, the gym and balancing family/social responsibilities. I constantly review my schedule to find ways to make time for things. There is only so much i can do without losing something else. I even changed my schedule at work to allow time in the morning for the gym without sacrificing much needed sleep...

Replies

• tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome. :) That is rather inconsiderate of your husband.. although I imagine he eats like that because he is nervous and depressed about the financial situation. Maybe you can make an agreement with him to make a snack budget and split it between you. Then give him a list of the things you want. Check the prices before hand so you know what you can ask for without him saying it's too expensive, then he can use his part for whatever junk he wants. That's the only way to get it is to be specific. Hopefully, at some point, he will take your cue and eat healthier as well :)