Thanksgiving and Praise!

Options
2»

Replies

• dottieketostrong
    dottieketostrong Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have had a pinched sciatic nerve for a month now. The pain has been excruciating, so I have taken a lot of ibuprofen just to have a little relief. Then my stomach started acting up because of too much ibuprofen. I was in horrible pain last night, and I went to bed in tears. I have been praying and praying for God to heal me. This morning, although the nerve is still pinched, the pain has diminished to about 1/3 of what it was! I could actually get out of bed without wanting to fall back to the floor. Thank you, Lord!
  • lgies2758
    lgies2758 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Praise has a lot of power. Praise and cry out to the Lord. That's what the psalms are all about. You are in good company. Praying for you.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for wonderful, G-dly friends. Enjoyed some special fellowship time this weekend.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful my husband got out of hospital this morning. I'm thankful that the Holy Spirit revealed the truth to me about how he got sick. I'm thankful my brother-in-law came and saw for himself what is going on. I'm thankful God has given joy and strength even though I have not slept well.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Thankful for a really good night's sleep last night.
  • lgies2758
    Options
    Feeling good this morning. Expected to have a mediocre weigh in yesterday but was pleasantly surprised to find I've lost 3.5lbs this week. Giving God the glory.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Igies2758 - Great job on the loss!!!

I'm thankful today that we have our camper in such a beautiful, relaxing area that we can go to at any time and that it is only an hour and a half from our house. The birds sound beautiful.
  • lgies2758
    Options
    Went to a Mexican restaurant last night and told myself "I'm much more than these chips" & didn't eat any.
  • JMarcella57
    edited May 2015
    Options
    lgies2758 wrote: »
    Went to a Mexican restaurant last night and told myself "I'm much more than these chips" & didn't eat any.

I almost never go to Mexican restaurants, but I did last night, too. I am thankful that I only had a few chips and instead of ordering a meal, I only got a single a la carte item. It was more than enough and I was able to leave the restaurant having enjoyed time with the family.
  • jorinya
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Wondering what I should do next, what am I doing wrong and got the answer. "You worries and burdens are not yours to carry, they are mine. Give them to me and I will give you rest. For I carried them up the hill to Calvary and they were nailed to the tree. You do not carry them anymore. Peace, be still."

Matthew 11:28-30 NIV

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

For that I am truly grateful.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Thankful for a new week.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Thankful for a peaceful morning and a good night's sleep.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    I wanted to go to a board meeting today for the group where we have our camper set up. But needed to work in the library where we worship today. I decided to do the right thing and be in the library instead of the camping resort. This allowed some of our other volunteers to do something that was important to them. Yesterday morning, one of our other library volunteers texted my to let me know that she had an unexpected trip come up next week when she is suppose to volunteer and asked if she could work today instead.

It felt like God had taken time out of his busy schedule to say, "Good job". It was like He was doing something nice for me because I had chosen to do something nice for someone else. Such a simple little thing; not an earth shattering moment and yet it made me feel like the Creator of the Universe had noticed me and smiled.

Thank you.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Thank you, God, for an amazing day yesterday with friends and new friends at the camping resort.
  • jorinya
    Options
    I'm thankful that im feeling a little better today. Even though the pain is still there I know God's healing hand is over me. I'm thankful for healing rain. I'm thankful that this trial will end soon and the cause of all this trials will leave in Jesus name, Amen.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Thankful for a beautiful day, a wonderful place to worship, and amazing friends.
  • JMarcella57
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thankful that I have medicine now for my back now.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Thankful that my back is finally starting to do better.