Polar loop,polar FT7, or different fitness device?

Options
LoLoGB
LoLoGB Posts: 97 Member
Hi all! I want a fitness band that I can wear that will track calories from all activities (including lifting) and heart rate. Additional features are a bonus- like sleep tracking, etc. I have read reviews on the two Polars above and seem good. Anyone try them? Do you use something else you like a lot?

Replies

• h14maana
    h14maana Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to have the polar loop and have now upgraded to the polar m400, it's amazing! Does everything you want and tons more! Well worth the extra dollars compared to the loop!
  • drdst91
    drdst91 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love my polar loop had it a year now. I lost 40lbs last year as it assisted with my exercise/calorie count. With it, I purchased the blue tooth chest strap which accurately checks heart rate and connects to any gym equipment that has polar heart rate monitoring such as NordickTrack. It also has an android (sure apple too) app, that syncs with the device for activity info download. Mfp and polar are trying to sdd the loop on as a compatible app. Not working yet.
    I have been using polar products for years (since 2006). I love them. If pm400 is a tracker, I might purchase It. I have to review The product info on it.

DrC
  • namarc0
    namarc0 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and I love it. It is not as loaded as the others you mentioned, but it fits my needs perfectly. I can sync it to treadmills and to Mapmyrun which will sync with MFP. It tracks heart rate, target or upper and lower limits, calories and keeps workout logs for at least a month I think. It is not a sleep tracker and I don't wear it all the time-only during exercise.
  • LoLoGB
    LoLoGB Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I purchased the FT7 three weeks ago and love it! I just needed it during exercise and it does everything I hoped it would do- very happy!
  • Butterf1y_Effect
    Butterf1y_Effect Posts: 30 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • qkcam
    qkcam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    will these work with a laptop or does it have to have a smart phone? thank you
  • fitnurse09
    fitnurse09 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am waiting to receive the FT7 on Tuesday! Never owned a Polar device so we will see how it goes.
  • tatinav
    tatinav Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use 2 watch devices the samsung gear fit smart watch. It's sleek and has sleep monitor with tracking calories, hr and distance and checks my phone mssg along with email. However the hr monitor isn't as accurate as my polar ft7 plus you have eto move your arms in order to get the distance. But I wear both when working out and like to compare and combine the info. Once my ft7 has worn out I will be upgrading to another polar device. Hands down works great.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I just traded in my BodyMedia armband for a Garmin Vivoactive watch. I bought the chest strap with it as it doesn't monitor hr 24/7 from the wrist. For me, I care about HR when I'm working out, not all day.

So far, I really, really like it. I tracks BMR, active/exercise calories, it syncs with MFP, tracks steps/miles, reminds me to move if I've been sitting for an hour, tracks sleep and has custom exercise apps for accuracy (outdoor running, indoor running, outdoor walking, indoor walking, i/o swimming, etc.) It's water resistant. It has apps to add functionality (HR chart, stop watch, weather, calendar) and can show notifications from my iPhone. The vibrate is enough to get my attention, but doesn't cause the whole room to stare.

I previously used a Polar HRM for training data in addition to my BM armband.
  • cam52404
    cam52404 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just use a basic polar FT4, I only wear it at the gym to monitor my HR and calories burned. For me, the most basic does the trick