Need new HRM - Advice Needed

Options
jalysons
jalysons Posts: 73 Member
Hi, I have been using a Polar FT60 for years and I am very happy with it but it does not have GPS. I am wondering if there is another model or watch that provides all the features of the Ft60 plus GPS.

I use the watch for many uses:

guess I want it all and don't mind spending. the polar ft60 does everything I need except GPS,so I am wondering if something can do it all

I use it for
1. Running outside
2. High intensity classes at gym
3. Treadmill intervals
4.spinning
5. Dog and stroller walking
6. just a watch so I do not want something that needs to charge everyday

I have lived without GPS for years but I would love it but don't want to sacrifice the other items

Thx

Replies

• Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I have the FT60 which was handed down and use a flowlink to download to the web site but also wanted a GPS so I got the the Polar RCX5 which does everything the 60 did and more and absolutely love it.
    Unfortuneately it uses a different linking device to download and and sync to the computer.
    I went with a package deal for the GPS5 (the GPS unit is separate and not built into the watch unit) the link the RCX5 which ran about $260 I have checked it with the Nike+ in my phone and have found they are close less than .1 over 5 miles it downloads training loads GPS data pace a map of route run and an overlay of BPM per pace run at any place on the route so I can judge hills to heartrate etc.
    Hope this helps
    It has the same battery set up as the FT60 which you can change yourself
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    While I don't own one, the Garmin Forerunner series should satisfy your needs. For a model with GPS and HRM you'll spend about $180 up to $400.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into-sports/running/gps-enabled/cIntoSports-cRunning-atFILTER_FEATURE_GPSENABLED_01-p1.html
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Garmins have many options depending on what your primary thing is, Polar has couple models now too for adding on GPS or comes with them.

Great reviews here of everything you wanted to know.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/

I have gotten used to what the Garmins give me, Polar seems to have very similar options, though they seem to dollar increase you to death when ever you want a model with couple more functions.

Both have optional footpods for treadmill running, though it's usually easy enough to just see what the treadmill said.

I really like and don't know if the Polar has such customizable workouts you can create.
  • nagniho
    nagniho Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I need to replace my current FT60. So disappointed with this purchase considering that it was NOT cheap!! It has given me nothing but grief:-( Fails to report the HR, loses sync with the transmitor, HR fluctuates dramatically. For instance it would go as high as 200bpm while I am warming up and then will show 65bpm while I am sprinting:-(

I have tried everything from washing the chest strap, replacing the batteries in the watch and the strap but nothing works!!! It was $160!!!!!!!

So need to buy a new one.....should I go back to FT7 ( my previous HRM) or are there any better ones out there?