Libido

Options
FLfitguy
FLfitguy Posts: 22 Member
Do you notice your libido increases with exercise? I've read that testosterone increases with exercising the large muscle groups. I like that pump you get. I feel more manly and better about myself and life. One of the reasons I exercise is that it makes me feel better. Anyone else feel like that?

Replies

• sevenactual
    sevenactual Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes. And yes! 100 mg of DHEA each day also made a significant improvement.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Yes, heavy lifting does cause a small increase in testosterone (and even a small amount can have significant affect on libido). It also does other things like improve circulation and improve artery health, which do even more to improve sexual health.
  • teddytaniwha
    teddytaniwha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    And the more belly fat you lose the more inches you gain elsewhere!
  • teddytaniwha
    teddytaniwha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @Steven - what is DHEA?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    It is a supplement that helps support testosterone production. I use it.
  • Tripaway
    Tripaway Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have both decided to commit to exercising, and I'll definitely say that as we both lose excess body fat we gain in the libido department...no complaints here! Whether it's because of increased testosterone or feeling more comfortable in our own skin, who can say?
  • Zed_cob
    Zed_cob Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    losing weight makes a huge difference as well. After 15-20 lbs lost and libido increases. But I'm also exercising much more as well.