Hi ladies. New to this group

phillipsx6
phillipsx6 Posts: 20 Member
A little about me.
Ive been on MFP for around a month, I think. Love it and I am probably checking things way too much:). I am a mother of 4...ages ranging from 13-2. Last baby kept my body from bouncing back the way it should. I'm pretty much at my goal weight...minus a few pounds. Looking to tone, build some lean muscle. My husband bought me a vivosmart to help in my journey but that's about all I got...not too many people I know are interested in getting fit. Looking forward to the motivation!

Replies

• SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Welcome!
    I have been here for a few months....and 7 pounds down so far!! :)
  • phillipsx6
    Awesome! I love working out but sometimes need motivation from someone other than myself
  • CarolynInDC
    CarolynInDC Posts: 45 Member
    Since you're looking to tone up, is there a bootcamp/crossfit style group class you can join in your area? Something that features a good amount of strength training (as opposed to a spin or step class where it's more cardio-focused) would work well. I do a bootcamp, and knowing the instructor will ask me where I was if I miss a class can sometimes be the little shove out the door I need.
  • phillipsx6
    I should check. My biggest problem is fitting the time in to go somewhere. Usually I use downloads or DVDs. I have a couple kids in school and one still home. I'm a photographer so I'm gone a lot and with school sports I run short on time. Hoping to really challenge myself this summer when it all slows down...slightly...:)
  • SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Bootcamp is awesome. There are some bootcamp dvd's that you can do or even improvise at home. I am super busy also and try to fit in 15 - 30 minutes here and there when I can't make it to the gym. I love that we have a lot of outdoors type recreation here that makes it easy to get exercise.
  • amyrichard34
    amyrichard34 Posts: 108 Member
    You tube is a great resource for at home workouts. As a fellow busy mom,I completely relate to the time press and I only workout at home, outdoors or at the indoor track if I can sneak away for a bit. If there's a will, there's a way. And remember, taking time to look after yourself is not self-indulgent, as a mom, it's necessary :-)

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Don't know if you're still here, but I'm in mostly the same boat...but still fat, too. LOL!

I have 3 2-12. :) Not 4. I'm also self-employed.

I also don't have the time to deal with gyms. I also kind of hate them. I'm a very selectively social person. Dealing with my employees on a day-to-day basis is plenty of human interaction for me most of the time, on top of the family! The noise and crowd of a gym is something I just hate. So I'm doing at-home stuff, too.

I've stolen a corner of the basement and have a THICK gym mat down on it, which I love. I'm doing SWORKIT now. Once I'm up to my goals, I'll move to FitnessRum.com--free online fitness vids with really great routines. I'm too out of shape to handle them yet, though. :)