Stalled :(

Options
Carnivor0us
Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
Hi guys,

I've been doing keto for like 2 months now and I've been stalled for the last 2 weeks. Are 40-60g of carbs a day too high? Maybe I should cut back. Any suggestions?

Replies

• JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Have you made any changes to your diet during the last 2 weeks? Like added in new food items?

For me I have to stay 30g or below mainly. Of course I don't count fiber so I can go to like 50~60g range worth of carbs as long as it's mostly fiber.
    From what I researched the carbs varies from individual to individual. Some people can handle up to 100g and be in ketosis, but I think it's best to stay between 30~50g range
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    I'm fairly new to Keto (2 weeks) but going by your diary if the numbers are correct your carb count seems high to me too be keto...

The May 27th one I'm guessing isn't really what you ate that day :laugh:

Maybe try cutting down to the 20 grams or less carbs a day for a week or two and see if that gets things moving again?
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about a 2 week stall. Stick to what you're doing. Change it up some if you hit 4 weeks without losing. It's pretty normal to go 2 weeks with no change on the scale. Your body will replace fat with water for a time. Then it goes away.
  • Carnivor0us
    Options
    Have you made any changes to your diet during the last 2 weeks? Like added in new food items?

For me I have to stay 30g or below mainly. Of course I don't count fiber so I can go to like 50~60g range worth of carbs as long as it's mostly fiber.
    From what I researched the carbs varies from individual to individual. Some people can handle up to 100g and be in ketosis, but I think it's best to stay between 30~50g range

I probably have...I think maybe I've been pigging out on too much Greek Yogurt and tropical fruits lately. I've just re-vamped my macros to reflect 5%C, 25%P, and 70%F.
  • Carnivor0us
    Options
    I'm fairly new to Keto (2 weeks) but going by your diary if the numbers are correct your carb count seems high to me too be keto...

The May 27th one I'm guessing isn't really what you ate that day :laugh:

Maybe try cutting down to the 20 grams or less carbs a day for a week or two and see if that gets things moving again?

:laugh: Yes, May 27th is totally accurate.

I have been guilty of eating the carb adjustments of MFP gives me after exercise - which are higher than my daily allowance. I think that's it. I'm going to cut back to 25g for awhile and see how it goes.
  • Carnivor0us
    Options
    Don't worry about a 2 week stall. Stick to what you're doing. Change it up some if you hit 4 weeks without losing. It's pretty normal to go 2 weeks with no change on the scale. Your body will replace fat with water for a time. Then it goes away.

B-b-b-ut I have GOALS!! With time limits!! :(

LOL, I'll try to be more patient.
  • LauraDotts
    Options
    Watch your sugar intake. You can be under in your carb count but if a lot of those carbs are from sugar it can keep you out of keto.
  • Carnivor0us
    Options
    Watch your sugar intake. You can be under in your carb count but if a lot of those carbs are from sugar it can keep you out of keto.

Okay, that's good to know. I hadn't really thought of that. I figured if I was just under my carbs then it's okay.
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options

Okay, that's good to know. I hadn't really thought of that. I figured if I was just under my carbs then it's okay.

Guess that means no more days of eating just a bag of sugar and lard then eh? Bwahaha :laugh:
  • LauraDotts
    Options

LOL. I completely understand goals and time limits. I've had to completely give up mine because my body refuses to listen to me.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options

Weight loss isn't linear... unfortunately it rarely works the way we want it too. Try setting more non-scale goals, such as lower body fat %, inches lost, clothing size, how you FEEL, better blood panels, etc. Reaching these types of goals is a lot more telling about your fitness/health than a number on the scale. Also, take progress photos and measurements so you can rely less on your weight as a gauge of your success.
  • Carnivor0us
    Options

Guess that means no more days of eating just a bag of sugar and lard then eh? Bwahaha :laugh:

I know, my world is shattered! D:
  • Carnivor0us
    Options

Weight loss isn't linear... unfortunately it rarely works the way we want it too. Try setting more non-scale goals, such as lower body fat %, inches lost, clothing size, how you FEEL, better blood panels, etc. Reaching these types of goals is a lot more telling about your fitness/health than a number on the scale. Also, take progress photos and measurements so you can rely less on your weight as a gauge of your success.

I know. :( You're right.

I'll start measuring my inches more often instead of the scale...although I've gotten a few compliments from people. That's always nice.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    Options
    Just realized something. If you are losing weight then stall, then you might need to redo your calorie/macro count. Once you get to a certain point you'll just end up eating at maintenance calories for that new weight.
  • Carnivor0us
    Options
    Just realized something. If you are losing weight then stall, then you might need to redo your calorie/macro count. Once you get to a certain point you'll just end up eating at maintenance calories for that new weight.

Yeah, I agree. I think it's a combination of carb creep and letting sugar be too much of my total carbs. I've lowered my carb percentage to 5% and I'm going to try harder to get more of those carbs from vegetables rather than fruits or dairy.
  • Carnivor0us
    Options
    Hey good news! I'm registering on the keto sticks again! :)
  • JisatsuHoshi
    Options
    Nice! Did you do anything drastic? HIIT training or long cardio or something lol
  • Carnivor0us
    Options
    Nice! Did you do anything drastic? HIIT training or long cardio or something lol

Actually yes, 45 on a high setting on the elliptical. Gotta keep that up.
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options

LISS at around 4.5-5 mph for me works great. Each to his own though. As long as your not sore the next day, you will know your speed limit it is.

I personally keep net carbs under 23... some days I am getting 14-16.
  • Carnivor0us
    Options

LISS at around 4.5-5 mph for me works great. Each to his own though. As long as your not sore the next day, you will know your speed limit it is.

I personally keep net carbs under 23... some days I am getting 14-16.

What's LISS?