losing it's luster. This is what always happens to me...

Options
13»

Replies

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    tlmeyn wrote: »
    @Sajyana I am trying to eat simple. I am a foodie and love to cook, so it's hard for me! lol. And I guess I feel I need those things when I really want pasta ( I make zucchini pasta, but it just doesn't do it) or a bread for breakfast (I make some coconut flour flatbread) I just need a few more things (soy wraps and stuff) and hopefully I will be satisfied.

BUT on another note. I guess all the whining paid off! the scale finally moved 2.5 kg.

Thank you all for your kind words, good advice, tough love and support. It really helped me and stopped me from getting a croissant!

I feel it. I love to cook too. Even homemade bread. I really missed baking at first. I still bake but it's mostly for the school to sell through their canteen (tuckshop for the Aussies :)). It felt so weird not to cook and bake as much. I'm trying to transfer that love of sweet baked goods to well-cooked meats. I'm getting there. Slowly. It's not always easy to break habits you've had for years.

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I've been surprised by how much I've enjoyed cooking all these different meals (and the repeated favorites we discovered). I always loved grilling, but I'm making something different every week, and my husband and I really enjoy the time together spent doing it!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @octobubbles, I'm also enjoying cooking so much more now. It's more fun to me now than its ever been. Plus, I have the energy I need to do it!
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    @octobubbles, I'm also enjoying cooking so much more now. It's more fun to me now than its ever been. Plus, I have the energy I need to do it!

Any great recipes?
  • glossbones
    Options
    All sorts! IbreathI'mHungry's blog is a great resource, as is ruled.me, and the recipes posted for fat bombs here and also just with a google. Omnompaleo has a bunch of keto-friendly recipes.

Mostly we've reduced our cooking to sauces to have over meat (hollandaise, a goat cheese cream sauce...). We make bubba burgers at least once a week and just dress them up however suits us (my husband goes for more veggies than I do). I cook before work, I cook when I get home. I roast a chicken in the crockpot every Sunday and then make bone broth from the rest.

This weekend I want to make cracklins from chicken thighs, and serve them with cream cheese and bacon.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    All of the recipes I have cooked are posted in this group in the launch pad. Great ideas that can be modified to personal taste too.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    All sorts! IbreathI'mHungry's blog is a great resource, as is ruled.me, and the recipes posted for fat bombs here and also just with a google. Omnompaleo has a bunch of keto-friendly recipes.

Mostly we've reduced our cooking to sauces to have over meat (hollandaise, a goat cheese cream sauce...). We make bubba burgers at least once a week and just dress them up however suits us (my husband goes for more veggies than I do). I cook before work, I cook when I get home. I roast a chicken in the crockpot every Sunday and then make bone broth from the rest.

This weekend I want to make cracklins from chicken thighs, and serve them with cream cheese and bacon.

I keep hearing about Bubba burgers; will have to search those out! The cracklins w/ cream cheese and bacon sound so decadent---drooling!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing about Bubba burgers; will have to search those out!

wut?

No, no need --- these are just preformed burger patties that come frozen in a box. Nothing special other than the no-prep aspect of having a burger patty on hand vs. normal ground beef.

• wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    I keep hearing about Bubba burgers; will have to search those out!

wut?

No, no need --- these are just preformed burger patties that come frozen in a box. Nothing special other than the no-prep aspect of having a burger patty on hand vs. normal ground beef.

Oh. Okay then.
  • glossbones
    Options
    They are nice and fatty though. My store's fresh meat is all leaner.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    All of the recipes I have cooked are posted in this group in the launch pad. Great ideas that can be modified to personal taste too.

Great!