Anyone using RunKeeper?

Options
Brans34
Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
I'm using RunKeeper app for my C25K program, and it's so much different than everyone else's! All these people are doing. Week 3 or 4, and talking about how nervous they are to move on to the next week.
My week 3:
Day 1- 45 minute brisk walk or light jog
Day 2: rest
Day 3: 2 mile run (walk some if you must, but run as much as possible)
Day 4: rest
Day 5: 1.5 min run, 1 min walk (10 times)
Day 6: rest
Day 7: 45 minute brisk walk or light jog

What is everyone else's week 3 like? Seems like they are COMPLETLY different!

Replies

• hbarnesccs
    hbarnesccs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My week 3 is 3 days of the following:

5 minute warm up
    90 second jog
    90 second walk
    3 minute jog
    3 minute walk
    90 second jog
    90 second walk
    3 minute jog
    3 minute walk
    5 minute cool down
  • mrsjatty
    mrsjatty Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm using "get running"

5min walk to warm up
    Run 1.5 mins
    Walk 1.5 mins
    Run 3 mins
    Walk 3 mins
    Run 1.5 mins
    Walk 1.5 mins
    Run 3 mins
    5 min walk to cool down.

Do this 3 Times a week, I do M,W,F.

I swim on non run days usually 2 x a week and rest 2 days a week.

Next week I will do my first 5 minute Run.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,443 Member
    Options
    I wrote somewhere here on how to use Runkeeper for C25K as their own programme is rather annoying and not well designed. I can't find it right now, but you can create custom workouts and put the original C25K programme in there and ingnore the RK programme if you like.
  • Brans34
    Options
    Yeah, I saw that I could make my own. I just didn't realize how much harder my program was than everyone else's. I'm still managing to keep up with it though ... for the most part. I had another 2 mile run today, but only ran 1.7. I was rather disappointed in myself for it. I ran the whole 2 miles last time, but let myself stop and walk, instead of pushing. The wind gusts right in my face was making it so hard to breath that I just whimped out. :-(
  • iona_ellen
    iona_ellen Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I use NHS couch to 5k which seems to be really good. Running can trigger my epilepsy so when i have a seizure i jump back a week but it works out well i have got to week 5. My mum did her first run (a 10k) and she used a run keeper which got her to the finish line, but she uses a different app now (can't remember the name) as the run keeper seemed more like a tiring chore than enjoyment, but she may of used different plan.
  • Brans34
    Options
    I'm still enjoying it, I just noticed that it's MUCH more intense than everyone else's plan. I have another 2 mile run tomorrow, and hopefully my son will go with me. I'm hoping that will help me keep a better pace, and maybe distract me enough to keep going. Really, that first mile is the worst...and the last quarter.
  • ano463s
    ano463s Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just be very aware of your body's signals if you're advancing that quickly. A lot of people aren't able to jump to running 2 miles in 3 weeks (I dare say, most), so if you start having aches and pains, please do listen to them. Being unable to run for weeks due to injury is very frustrating (I say from prior experience).
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize there were several versions of C25K, I use the Get Running version.