Need a Tutorial on using this community? Feel free to request

Options
13»

Replies

• dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Chalmation wrote: »
    It seems as though bookmarks don't work for discussions within groups. I bookmarked 2 non-group discussions and I can access them thru the bookmark icon. But the ones I marked in groups don't show up. Has anyone else seen this?

i hadn't noticed this until you pointed it out but mine is the same... none of my group bookmarks show. that's a touch annoying

~kel

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Normally, I do not get any notifications when I bookmark either, just occasionally. I have to go to the group, then click "All Discussions" just above "Lastest Post" on the right. Then, all the threads under that group will display.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My different groups show up bookmarked with my google chrome, don't know if that helps.

Does anyone know if you can fill in the day before on NuMi if you didn't fill it out? I do not want to use the mobile app.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »

Does anyone know if you can fill in the day before on NuMi if you didn't fill it out? I do not want to use the mobile app.

Yes, just go to the calendar and click the date you want, enter the food, and it saves to that day.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Chalmation wrote: »

Hi Cindy
    They seem to work for me, I am trying to figure out how to go to the last post in a shortcut.

Wish me luck
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png

• Buttons61
    Options

Yes, just go to the calendar and click the date you want, enter the food, and it saves to that day.

I tried it one time and it worked fine, the next time it came back and kept logging the present day! Maybe I was too close to midnite or something. I need to chart earlier!! :*
  • RogerToo
    Options
    no mention on NS what will happen to recipes. They're not entirely closing the site down, at least not the ordering part - unsure if that's all on the same platform or in different places. Can't see how deleting recipes will help them as recipes are quite an asset. Unsure once folks are split into different places how many new recipes will be posted. I grabbed a lot of recipes and kept them in my subscriptions list - don't have time to try to save them all. Bummer!

Hi Shirl
    I found this helpful website that seems to work OK. It creates a Adobe PDF from a webpage URL.
    It is

Convert HTML to PDF Online

This will work if You bring up the recipe and follow the directions there.
    Good Luck
    Roger

It could be useful to save pages from the NutriSystem forum messages.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi Roger!

I have added my measurements to the tracking on MFP and added extra places to measure. I have been playing with it. Is there any way to add previous old measurements? I could do the weight, but don't think I can find a way for the measurements? :/ Thanks... Jan
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Buttons
    If You go to the Home page and then click on Check-In
    Then Choose Edit Previous Entries
    Next look for where it says Edit Previous Entries
    hit the little down arrow between where it says weight (Default) and the Big Green box that says Change and pick the measurement to change such as Neck, Waist or hips.
    Now under Add New Entry You will see three boxes next to Date: for Month, Day and Year. Just select what ones and then put the measurement in the box marked Amount: and save it by clicking the green box marked Add New Entry.

That should do it for You. Let me know how it works for You please.
    Thank You
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Buttons
    If You go to the Home page and then click on Check-In
    Then Choose Edit Previous Entries
    Next look for where it says Edit Previous Entries
    hit the little down arrow between where it says weight (Default) and the Big Green box that says Change and pick the measurement to change such as Neck, Waist or hips.
    Now under Add New Entry You will see three boxes next to Date: for Month, Day and Year. Just select what ones and then put the measurement in the box marked Amount: and save it by clicking the green box marked Add New Entry.

That should do it for You. Let me know how it works for You please.
    Thank You
    Roger

Thanks, Roger! It worked like a charm! I was hitting the change before the arrow or something!

I appreciate the detail, as I am perpetually technically challenged!!

Can I put a surge protector on my A/C unit? LOL! Seriously! Jan :#
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Thanks, Roger! It worked like a charm! I was hitting the change before the arrow or something!

I appreciate the detail, as I am perpetually technically challenged!!

Can I put a surge protector on my A/C unit? LOL! Seriously! Jan :#

HI Buttons
    I'm glad it helped :)

If You are serious about a surge protector for the AC then I suggest calling the maker of the surge protector You looking at and asking.

Another option is to have an Electrician install a whole house surge protector in the Circuit Breaker Box (Fuse Panel in an old house). It protects the entire house. The other thing to understand is that surge protectors wear out. The good name brand ones have warning lights that tell You when they are no longer providing protection ans a warning light to tell you if the outlet is wired wrong and no protection is available. It happens BTW.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I am looking into it. I had to buy a new A/C, and got hit by a surge during a storm. Thought I lost the whole thing. Luckily, it reset. It was enough to start me googling! I had not heard about the warning lights, that is great! Seriously, I appreciate it! Large investment I do not want to do again! Thanks so much!!! Jan :)
  • OldRedWolf
    OldRedWolf Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a whole house surge protector on my house that the electric company installed for me. I did not have to buy it, they rent it to me for pennies a day essentially, they installed it, and they will maintain it. I never want to be without a whole house surge protector again. It keeps me from having to reset clocks on everything if there is a small fluctuation in the line, as well as all the more major things I think about like not blowing up my computer, although I also have that plugged into its own surge protector most of the time, which may or may not be overkill. No surge protector will protect against a nearby lightening strike though, so when we get major thunderstorms I still unplug some things.
  • OldRedWolf
    OldRedWolf Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    By the way you can still view the old discussion boards on NS but can no longer post anything there. I hope they keep that going because it was great to be able to go back and reread some things earlier today.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    OldRedWolf wrote: »
    I have a whole house surge protector on my house that the electric company installed for me. I did not have to buy it, they rent it to me for pennies a day essentially, they installed it, and they will maintain it. I never want to be without a whole house surge protector again. It keeps me from having to reset clocks on everything if there is a small fluctuation in the line, as well as all the more major things I think about like not blowing up my computer, although I also have that plugged into its own surge protector most of the time, which may or may not be overkill. No surge protector will protect against a nearby lightening strike though, so when we get major thunderstorms I still unplug some things.

Hi OldRedWolf
    I have my main computer on a UPS and the laptops of course have their batteries as a sort of built in UPS. AS You say if Lightning hits the house or the pole out at the curb nothing can save You. I did a good business selling and installing dial up modems from lightning damage for years until everybody got high speed internet. That killed that portion of the business.

I wonder how long they will keep the old forums up and running?

Have a Good Day
    Roger