I LOVE HOT WINGS

Options
audra145
audra145 Posts: 17 Member
Wings are probably one of my favorite low carb foods of all time. My family is getting tired of them. I am not. Family must go. :-)

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Lol me too but living near buffalo I don't think anyone gets tired of them :) one of the greatest things about this WOE in my opinion
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever had wings.
  • audra145
    audra145 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You should. You can do buffalo sauce. ...or last night i went with butter garlic and parmesan wings. They were amazing! :-)
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever had wings.

:o you should try them, so good, now I want wings
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Any recommendations on how to make them?
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Fry them till crispy toss them in a mix of Frank's red hot and butter
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You know, I've never been a fan, but this WOE has me craving all kinds of stuff I never liked before, and right now a plate of hot wings sounds amazing.
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Old bay wings! Aaaah!
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    You know, I've never been a fan, but this WOE has me craving all kinds of stuff I never liked before, and right now a plate of hot wings sounds amazing.

ditto!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    My fiance is so obsessed with wings that we're having 5 types of wings served at our wedding, lol!
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Stbarber1 wrote: »
    Fry them till crispy toss them in a mix of Frank's red hot and butter

Pan fry or deep fry?
  • auntstephie321
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @twibbly i deep fry, you can bake them too or pan fry, whichever works easiest for you

Edit: or grill them, charbroiled wings are fantastic

theres really no way you can go wrong when it comes to wings :) i like my crispy which is hard to do when you bake them so i usually don't use that method
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just don't get your wings from a restaurant chain, and CERTAINLY NOT a pizza place!

I can barely stomach commercial food now. I didn't like Little Caesar's wings before; they'd probably be nauseating now.
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Just don't get your wings from a restaurant chain, and CERTAINLY NOT a pizza place!

I can barely stomach commercial food now. I didn't like Little Caesar's wings before; they'd probably be nauseating now.

I haven't had wings before because I can't have most of the restaurant ones as they either bread them or use soy sauce or flour in the marinade. I guess I'll have to try making some. :smile:
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I usually bake them. No fuss. Season (or marinate overnight) and bake for 45 mins.

I wanted oven fried wings the other day, so I used egg and almond meal. They were ALMOST as good as the ones I made for my husband with panko. Will add Parmesan next time. That worked great for oven fried zucchini fries when my husband was having real fries.

But basically bake, then douse in Tabasco :) blue cheese and sour cream dip on the side.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »

I haven't had wings before because I can't have most of the restaurant ones as they either bread them or use soy sauce or flour in the marinade. I guess I'll have to try making some. :smile:

We're so spoiled here. There is a pizza and wing place about every five feet, all different, no one goes to the chains for that stuff. Buffalo wild wings is pretty solid if you have one in your area, otherwise they are super easy to make, if deep frying just be careful not to over cook they'll be really dry
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Anyone else noticed how expensive wings have gotten at the grocery store? They are higher than breast meat where I live. I've stopped buying them. I'm sure one of these chicken producers is already working on a way to get 6 wings from 1 chicken, though.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    In an even fatter note. There is an Asian store here than just sells chicken skin frozen.. By the kilo. Chicken skin chips are AWESOME.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    tlmeyn wrote: »
    In an even fatter note. There is an Asian store here than just sells chicken skin frozen.. By the kilo. Chicken skin chips are AWESOME.

I agree, they are good. Chicken skin bacon is what we call it in our house.

• MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Second the vote for Buffalo Wild Wings. They are not breaded, you got your choice of different spice rubs and sauces. :)

Hey, I just got some TURKEY wings. Any suggestions?