New to group

Options
kris756
kris756 Posts: 6 Member
Hi everyone, I am new to the group and just getting into strength training. I am on day 3 of working out on my bowflex and feeling the burn. I need to lose about 50lbs and I am on a mission. I have also lost a few lbs this week as well.

Replies

• Once_Wonderwoman
    Once_Wonderwoman Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too and would love some ladies that lift, strength train as pals. Cherie
  • sharts
    sharts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here as well and doing a program called Venus index. I'd love some strength training buddies as well!
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Also seeking new friends. Currently strength training 3x/week and eating mostly paleo.
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for lifting buddies too as right now majority of my friends list don't lift! I'm doing Strong Lifts right now and IIFYM numbers for food/macro.

If anyone adds me be sure to include a message.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have just found this group and I am 9 weeks into the Strong Lifts programme. I enjoy lifting and it is so nice to connect with other ladies who lift and look forward to sharing and getting info from everyone.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I've been doing Stronglifts along with some other stuff for quite a while now. I lost weight, and have been doing pretty well at keeping it off since last July.
  • nwb2389
    nwb2389 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group. Since being introduced to weight lifting about 4 years ago, I'm hooked! MWF is strength training and TTh is core/more cardio than usual. Any advice about this method of losing weight and gaining muscle is appreciated.
  • draxxl
    draxxl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    new to group and to myfitnesspal.. I have been working out at Curves on strength training circuit, but don't know how to enter in app.. it's resistant not poundage..
  • sarimc01
    sarimc01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am new here and would like to know what stronglifts are/is. Is it a specific routine, program or exercise? Thanks!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts is a 5x5 barbell lifting program. Day A has squats, bench and pendlay rows which are done 5 reps and 5 sets. Day B is squats, overhead press and deadlifts but the first two are 5 sets and 5 reps and deadlift is just 1 set at 5 reps. There is also a web site that explains it all, the progressive overload as it's a strength based program and the guy has youtube videos showing what each part of the routine looks like.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    draxxl wrote: »
    new to group and to myfitnesspal.. I have been working out at Curves on strength training circuit, but don't know how to enter in app.. it's resistant not poundage..
    Hi! I did Curves several years ago. It was a great way to jump start my then sedentary lifestyle. I loved how I had to jump in the car to get there, got my workout done in a finite amount of time, met some really nice ladies and saw improvements in strength quickly. I eventually wanted more challenging workouts but am forever grateful to Curves for helping me to get out of my slump. Best to you!!
  • rosebud12078
    rosebud12078 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All. I am not new to MFP but am new to strength training. Any and all helpful tips on beginning with my training would be very helpful. I am starting small and building my way up. I do use the exercise bands for now. Thanks for any advice and have a wonderful day!