Excess Sugar and carbs causing surge in obesity

Options
lowcarber87
lowcarber87 Posts: 31 Member
Just saw this article about carbs and sugar and ketosis! I thought you guys might be interested...

http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/whats-the-real-secret-to-weight-loss/story-fneuzkvr-1227316009826

Replies

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I love seeing low carb eating make it's way into the media for the masses.

Rosemary Stanton is well known in Australia but her classical training shines through with the wholegrains and fruits suggestion.

I'm not sure why they are comparing mice metabolisms with human metabolisms though. Not everything translates across the species. :)

Either way, it's a step in a positive direction to get the message to the general population. Thanks for sharing.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yes, the beginning of the article is rather contradicted at the end. However, at least the thought is there that sugar is not good for you.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    But but but.... Sugar not good for you??? ... Blasphemer.... A calorie is a calorie..... Or I am a carb demonizer
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I was listening to two guys talk today and I think very few in my neck of the woods are cutting sugar. They both were in their sixties like me. Their doctors it sounds like are trying to manage their bad diets with Rx's that I would not want to be consuming.