THINGS THAT ARE WORKING.......

Options
Just thought i'd start this off by saying that i created this group this morning feeling pretty low; but reading everyones input has made me feel really positive.
Just had half an hour free and squeezed in a quick bit of David Hayes Box and Tone. For half an hour it says that burns 250cal!!

every little helps ;)

Replies

• ErinRunsOnFood
    ErinRunsOnFood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • lindsaykhood
    Options
    :D
  • jakesgirl05
    Options
    Hi! I like this topic, what works! I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I am on day 8 and I am seeing results. Small but definite. I eat low carb but NOT high fat. I don't get very hungry with what I'm doing and it's working! Every once in a while I bring up healthy fat and drop a few more pounds pretty quick. Then it's back to my routine. I drink a ton of water and take supplements. Not weight loss pills but vitamins and extracts that don't mess with my heart rate or make me speedy. I only drink decaf for crying out loud! Lol! What's working for you guys? Lets share info!
  • lexylouise
    lexylouise Posts: 17
    Options
    I mentioned this on my feed..

I get in from work and put my jogging stuff on straight away; that way i know that after i've cooked the kids dinners etc i know at some point that i have to go out and exercise....
    Its harder to take those clothes off again if you haven't done any exercise if that makes sense??
  • blossomnu
    blossomnu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love that idea Lexy! I'm going to try that tonight.
  • lexylouise
    lexylouise Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks... next challenge is to find an activity for those kids to do while I attempt my DVD this afternoon.... they are 4 and 6 so watching me puff and pant trying to do a box and tone work out is the funniest thing thy've seen..they have taken to sitting on the stairs and doing little impressions of me and giggling their little socks off. It is quite funny but im going to have to find something more interesting for them to look at so that i can keep my focus
    Wish me luck....
    :flowerforyou:
  • blossomnu
    Options
    You sound really motivated so sure you'll manage it somehow!

My main problem is that I'm sitting at a desk for a large part of my day. I have a Fitbit but my activity graphs are all skewed because there's a huge part of the day where I can't move around much. On the plus side I'm not doing too badly at making it to the gym afterwards!
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting a fitbit, have heard so many good things about them here. Which one do you use and would you recommend it?
  • blossomnu
    Options
    I have an older model because I bought it in an Amazon sale. Don't think there's too much difference between mine and the new ones though, other than appearance and app integration. It's not the bracelet, it's one that looks more like a USB stick.

I'm not entirely convinced it's 100% accurate, but it's close enough for me and I do really like it because I'm a big geek. I have the scales as well and I love the fact that they both sync with MFP and I don't have to do anything re entering exercise, weight and calories burned. I don't really tend to use the sleep tracker.
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    INNNTERESTING... (strokes chin, looks thoughtful)

I'm always against throwing a lot of money at my problems, I'm guilty of all the usual traps. "Hey I've not lost any weight and I joined a really expensive nice gym." Ya honey, did you actually exercise...

BUT if it helps me on my quest then YES. And I like the idea that it's just monitoring constantly. Like a little judgey judge following me around and busting my chops if I am kidding myself I was walking at a brisk pace when really I was just taking a stroll. I guess it's impossible for anything to be 100% accurate since every person is so unique but as a little reminder of your goals it sounds like it could be worth a little investment.

I'm going to Barcelona next month so I might get it in a few weeks. I really don't want a conscience attached to my belt clip till I'm back from vacation!