frustrated with recipe builder

Options
nikkib0103
nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
Trying to put in a recipe with no exotic ingredients. It makes matches but some are not of the actual ingredient and some have amounts I did not put in. I had one success using this tool and now downright hate it. I can't see how to edit it before I save it. Any advice?

Replies

• BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I've tried it too and gave up on it. I just log it in and save it as a meal. Then when I make it again, I've got it saved as a meal and can adjust the portion accordingly. The only negative is that you can't share meals with others, where you can share recipes. I'm not really sure why they have both.
  • bibliocephalus
    bibliocephalus Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use the "old recipe" tool on the right side of the screen, I have to search for every ingredient individually (like when I add food to my diary). It takes some time, but I find the recipe tool really helpful. When I enter things as a meal, it's much harder to adjust when I eat a portion of a whole serving (i.e. 1/2 serving).
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice, both of you. I entered each ingredient in the diary and it came out to the approximate calorie amount I expected. I will try the old recipe tool or meal saver in future and see how it works out.