several questions here if anyone has an answer..thanks!!

first off... does anyone know an inexpensive pedometer /music player that works i would like to keep up with stuff away from home.. or an offline app that helps you keep track without internet access!!??!!

i am still new to this so it seems maybe my proportioning is in excess when planning meals i have cut down alot of unhealthy foods i was eating and drinking but worried that i will not see results like i log my snacks and meals and it is more than one serving.. i try to drink water before meals to maybe in hopes to eat less i dont know if it is working...how often do you weigh yourself when trying to keep track?

i like to dance as part of my exercise routine even though i suck at it ..i also like aerobics cardio/fat burning exercises but with my bad knees due to arthritis/ and being out of shape i cannot seem to manage getting past ten min before stopping...advice please?!!!??!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Forget the cardio if you can, do something that will transform the body and give something to see when the fat comes off.
    Dance as much as you can, that and walking are good low key enough to be called recovery workouts.

Resistance training, circuit training specifically because you'll still burn enough calories.
    That's where you have 7-9 different exercises that you go from one to another for 3-4 circuits, 1 min max rest between, and enough weight you can only do 12-15 reps max with decent form.

The activity trackers don't require internet access until it's time to sync, and then whatever they sync with does, not them actually. So like Fitbit or others.
    But no music player. Smart phones actually can do steps and calorie estimates, and there's the music.
    Haven't heard of anything else.

Weekly weigh-in is fine, just use a valid day to minimize known expected water weight fluctuations.
    Morning after rest day eating normal sodium levels, not sore from last workout.

For accurate food logging, you do need to weigh food, or know exactly how much volume equals a weight.
    Calories is per gram, not cup or spoonfuls - hence the reason every nutrition label will have grams as serving size, with rough estimate of volume there for inaccurate convenience sake.