SAHMs?

Options
haibu
haibu Posts: 67 Member
Any SAH Moms out there trying to balance the low calories required to lose those last ten pounds and the patience needed to not be a raging beast mom?

I'm on 1540 a day (0.5lb a week and lightly active) and yet I'm still finding it hard to stay happy and patient with my kids.

Replies

• emilysgorham
    emilysgorham Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I struggled for the first few days, but I seem to have balanced out now. Maybe try to break up the food so you are eating more often. I get hangry if I only eat three times a day.
  • algingher
    algingher Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started counting calories and working out. Day 5 of calorie counting and day 1 of working out. So I'm not close to the last 10 pounds but I'm on 1300 calories a day and when I stay around that, my attitude tanks. Definitely something I'm going to have to work on!
  • haibu
    haibu Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm also having trouble not doing things like popping a few goldfish crackers or a slice of cheese in my mouth while I pack lunches. It seems small, but those little nibbles add up, especially when you don't have a lot of wiggle room.

I'm going to try eating more throughout the day though, I think that will help. I seem to have a real low around 3-5 that I need to fix.
  • amessan
    amessan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My problem is all the snacks at home. The gold fish, apple sauce, fruit snacks, granola bars pbj sanfwhiches.
    We have those in the house for the kids after school snacks and for lunches. When you want to lose weight they always say get rid of every thing you don't want to eat, but I need those for the kids.
    My calories are 1200 a day, so I have absolutely no wiggle room. I have to make sure every meal is healthy.
    I've been on a low calorie diet for a while now so my body is used to it, but there are still days I have no energy. And when I have no energy I can get grumpy with my three active boys. When this is the case I grab some fruit, usually and apple or orange, and drink some a bottle of water. When I am feeling sluggish usually I have not been hydrating.
    Good luck! And anyone feel free to add me so we can stay motivated together!
  • tlryan1082
    tlryan1082 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 5 more pounds to lose. And I am also having trouble with snacking as well. So glad I'm not the only one who sneaks a bite in here and there when I'm getting my daughters snacks/meals put together. I am consistently loosing weight with 1200 cal a day but it is difficult. I'm just ready for these last few pounds to be gone and then work everyday to maintain.