Cauliflower Mash Advice

Options
GiGiBeans
GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
I use to make this hearty casserole with buttery heavy cream mashed potatoes, smoked sausage, mozzarella cheese & scallions. Sounds weird, tastes yummy. Thinking of trying it with mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes BUT how long does mashed cauliflower keep? Do you think it will be ok for four days? I've always eaten mashed cauliflower right away & never tried reheating it.

Replies

• Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oh man. The only time I've ever made mashed cauliflower, it was gone so fast, it barely had time to cool down. >_>
    It will probably keep for a couple days, though, if you can keep your spoon out of it for that long.

-T.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    in my experience? It "holds" like any other veg. SOUND DIVINE!!!!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I have kept Mock Potato Salad that long.... So no prob as long as it is properly covered and redridgerated.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I ate my baked cali for about 5 days. Though i would also consider other ingredients that's in there. I load mine with bacon!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks! I'll be making it tomorrow. Hoping to stretch it out for a few meals.
  • spush
    spush Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've kept cauli mash for 4 days, no probs
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    I make mashed cauliflower, but usually only enough for one day, since it all gets eaten. But I do make a quick cauliflower cheese bake. I partially steam cauliflower florets while greasing a baking dish with bacon fat. I fry bacon with a bit of onion, then toss in the steamed cauli. Place in the baking dish, and cover with cheddar cheese. Bake until done. I wouldn't overcook this too much, just until cauli is tender and cheese is melted, since if it is overcooked, it will get watery...and that's when the leftovers are kind of yucky. But this was really good the last time I made it.