NS Food on Review

Options

Replies

• sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    sznsido wrote: »
    I just got an email about the buy one get one free smoothies. I added them to my order and got an additional 20% off and free shipping. I hope I like them. I have had a few frozen meals with my sampler. To be honest...I didn't really enjoy the egg with turkey ham omelette. The salsbury steak was just okay and the turkey medallions were just okay as well. I really enjoyed the mushroom stuffed chicken breast. I am trying to get through my gift cards asap because I feel like I am just about ready to try this on my own. I have about 3 months left with nutrisystem. Good luck everyone!

I almost got the smoothie deal yesterday, but didn't. You'll have to let me know how you like them. What flavor did you get? I was toying with the Tropical . . .

I was thinking about the tropical but the reviews weren't too good. I ordered the blueberry and the strawberry banana. I hope they offer more specials...like I said...I am just trying to get rid of my gift cards. I think I went overboard when I bought them. It's not that I don't like the program...the food is just getting boring. I will let you know how the smoothies are. I won't get them until my next shipment which comes after June 9.
  • shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    jringold1 wrote: »
    I had the meatloaf and mashed potato last night. It looked nothing like its box picture. It wasn't horrible but out of my 4 months on NS, this one is pretty much at the bottom of my list. Glad I only ordered one to give it a try. I'm doing the Santa Fe Chicken tonight. I've had that one before and love it.
    Truly one of the scariest meals I have ever had. It went on my NO list too
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks all -- making a note to skip the meatloaf . . . :)
  • sznsido
    Options
    I had the meatloaf and mashed potato last night. It looked nothing like its box picture. It wasn't horrible but out of my 4 months on NS, this one is pretty much at the bottom of my list. Glad I only ordered one to give it a try. I'm doing the Santa Fe Chicken tonight. I've had that one before and love it.

One word...gag!!!
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options

I agree. This is the only meal that I just couldn't finish.
  • 1Ginabb
    1Ginabb Posts: 77 Member
    Options

I agree, the meatloaf was horrible. So far, being on the plan for 6 weeks, I have only found 2 dinners I can't stand: meat loaf and the lasagna.

I really like the Chicken alfredo and the turkey sausage, bacon rigatoni.
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Tried the Tuscan Inspired Pasta tonight.. will be ordering more!! I like the Chicken alfredo and rigatoni too Gina.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Tried the Tuscan Inspired Pasta tonight.. will be ordering more!! I like the Chicken alfredo and rigatoni too Gina.

I had that the other night and liked it also :)
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I'm an odd ducky I know. I liked the mashed potatoes/meatloaf. And, I do not like any of the mac and cheese. Probably one of a half dozen people on the planet who doesn't like mac and cheese.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    I'm an odd ducky I know. I liked the mashed potatoes/meatloaf. And, I do not like any of the mac and cheese. Probably one of a half dozen people on the planet who doesn't like mac and cheese.

I like mac & cheese, but I'm not huge fan of NS mac & cheese. And in the last order I got 5 (count 'em - 5) of them!! 3 regular and 2 with beef.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    I did get my frozen dessert order today (and it wasn't melted!! While they sent me a note saying they had shipped on 5/22, they didn't actually ship the frozen part until the 26th). I tried one of the ice cream sandwiches tonight. While I can't say it was the best ice cream sandwich I've ever had, I thought it tasted pretty fine for a diet IC sandwich! I'll compare it taste and cost-wise to Skinny Cow, and see. Otherwise, I'd order them again!
  • sznsido
    Options
    I have been trying some of the frozen sampler items. I liked the stuffed mushroom chicken breast, pizza, pancakes, fudge bar and ice-cream sandwich. The okay stuff...turkey medallions, stuffed shells, salsbury steak and red velvet whoopee pie. I did not like the egg/turkey ham omelette. It is definitely better than the packaged meals but I am still looking forward to going out on my own.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    I found the whoopee pie and IC sandwich just o.k., too, patty and Suze.

I actually like, I think overall, the SS desserts better than the frozen. But, the frozen entrees, on the other hand, are ALL better than SS.
  • 1Ginabb
    1Ginabb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Because it's grilling season and we grill out on the weekends, I am eating the grilled meat and veggies, or making kabobs, this saves on my NS dinners. Plus, I do go out to dinner with friends or have potlucks. Within 7 weeks I have (with the extra week of Fast5) accumulated 14 extra days. I think I might delay my order for this month and get the sampler 14 pack of frozen instead. Plus use my $10 coupon I was sent for being a 50 clicker. Looking forward to the new dishes.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    1Ginabb wrote: »
    Because it's grilling season and we grill out on the weekends, I am eating the grilled meat and veggies, or making kabobs, this saves on my NS dinners. Plus, I do go out to dinner with friends or have potlucks. Within 7 weeks I have (with the extra week of Fast5) accumulated 14 extra days. I think I might delay my order for this month and get the sampler 14 pack of frozen instead. Plus use my $10 coupon I was sent for being a 50 clicker. Looking forward to the new dishes.

I'm toying with the idea of doing something similar - please report back and let me know how it goes, would you?
  • mrs17alvarez
    mrs17alvarez Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I love the White Chix Chili, and cheese tortellini for lunch. For dinner my favs are flat bread pizza, turkey and dressing and chicken alfredo. I see many of you are ordering the frozen. I haven't yet, it's more money. I wonder if we can try the Uniquely Yours for a month then go back down to the custom. I just don't know if I can afford $330 a month. Right now I'm paying $254 for the custom. I hear I can save more by giving them my medical insurance information...I need to do that. Does anyone know how much you can save on that discount?

If you are on Select (18 SS/10frozen), check out the new cost to upgrade to Uniquely Yours. Previously when I checked it was really expensive to upgrade. But they've since dropped the price and added a Uniquely Yours upgrade discount, I upgraded this past week and will now pay LESS than I did for Select (and my price for Select was right around what you were paying.) Just wanted to pass that along.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Tried the frozen dessert Chocolate Brownie Sundae tonight. Tasty, but soooooooo small --- maybe between 1/3 and 1/2 cup total. I was pretty good, don't get me wrong, but I'm thinking maybe I could do better for 130 calories and 24 carbs . . .
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    That's not on the Diabetic plan is it, patty? I couldn't find it on my list of frozen desserts (and with high carb count) so figured it wasn't.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I love the White Chix Chili, and cheese tortellini for lunch. For dinner my favs are flat bread pizza, turkey and dressing and chicken alfredo. I see many of you are ordering the frozen. I haven't yet, it's more money. I wonder if we can try the Uniquely Yours for a month then go back down to the custom. I just don't know if I can afford $330 a month. Right now I'm paying $254 for the custom. I hear I can save more by giving them my medical insurance information...I need to do that. Does anyone know how much you can save on that discount?

If you are on Select (18 SS/10frozen), check out the new cost to upgrade to Uniquely Yours. Previously when I checked it was really expensive to upgrade. But they've since dropped the price and added a Uniquely Yours upgrade discount, I upgraded this past week and will now pay LESS than I did for Select (and my price for Select was right around what you were paying.) Just wanted to pass that along.
    I was under the impression the UY sale was over friday(yesterday)....

• chwomack53
    chwomack53 Posts: 93 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I like mac & cheese, but I'm not huge fan of NS mac & cheese. And in the last order I got 5 (count 'em - 5) of them!! 3 regular and 2 with beef.

Agree on the regular Mac & Cheese, I don't mind the one with the beef, however both could use some improvement.